Tuesday, April 20, 2010

5 Things I Love: April 2010 Edition

Five {current} Favorites:

1. This book...

I read this in Mrs. Haner's 5th grade class, and it was one of the first "real" books I read and loved. Prior to reading this I was a big fan of American Girl, R.L. Stine, and Babysitter's Club, but this book was my first real introduction to fine fiction. I'm currently reading it to my fourth graders, and they are enthralled by the Tuck family and little Winnie Foster just as much as I was when I first read this book 15 years ago.

2. Christy Nockels. I hear her sing, and I just want to praise and worship my Savior all day. Listen to Hosana. It brings me to tears. Joyful tears.

3. Tzatziki Sauce. Homemade or from Trader Joe's. In college I used to eat at Dave's Taverna weekly for this sauce. Now I'm smart and have learned how to make my own, or I can pick it up at TJ's for $3. My love with this sauce may never end. Try it on burgers. Or beef kabobs. Or just add it in with some rice. Ooooh, or add it to your fries! The possibilities are really endless!

4. Cooking in our dutch oven. Possibly the wedding gift we've gotten the most use out of in the kitchen. If you're considering owning one, go for it. They are worth every penny.

5. And for all you LOST fans, words aren't needed to explain why these two are favs.


8 comments:

  1. Yumm, I love tzatziki sauce!!!!! The one from Trader Joe's is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous we don't have a Trader Joes! Not even when I lived in Colorado :(

    I will have to add this book to the list of many I have gotten from you! My kids love it when I read aloud to them - they'd love a good summer novel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read Tuck Everlasting, but I love the movie haha. I also love Tzatziki sauce, ever since I went to Greece and they eat it with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Tzatziki sauce too! I just started making my own at home and love having it on hand. Our dutch oven is definitely one of our favorite wedding gifts too! There are so many recipes that are much easier to cook with a dutch oven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lost...why must you occupy so much of my time & confuse me so much!?!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVED my American Girl magazine. In fact sometimes I still want to read it and wish I had saved all my copies of it!! And love Des!

    ReplyDelete