Monday, April 12, 2010

The beginning of Menu Monday

After several requests from a few of you (cough cough)...I have decided to start a Menu Monday post. As I've mentioned before, we are big meal planners. I usually cook two meals a week, J cooks 2, and then we usually alternate who cooks the fifth meal. Our meal plan doesn't always begin on a Monday, but I'll still try to be consistent and post on Mondays.

I love cooking. I love trying new recipes. I love being in my kitchen for hours upon hours. But I have no shame in having pancakes and bacon for dinner. Meal planning isn't about being a gourmet chef, it's about making meals you enjoy to eat with those you love. I say this to remind you that some of my meals may seem "blah", but I am all about simplicity some nights!

So, without further ado...my first Menu Monday post!

My meals for the week:
  • Black Bean and Corn Topped Potatoes ( thanks to Blue Eyed Bride for sharing this one!)
  • Hot dogs, cole slaw, and baked sweet potato fries...I'll share the sweet potato fries recipe later this week!
  • Top Top Ramen...easy peasy and SO yummy! If you like Asian food, you need to try this one! I know it has Ramen in it, but be brave and give it a try! I love mine with snap peas!
J's meals for the week:

5 comments:

  1. YAYAYAYAY! I'm so glad you are doing this! And you are indeed lucky with J doing some amazing cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always have ramen in our pantry...can't wait to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Menu Monday! The Top Top Ramen looks delicious, I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those potatoes are definitely making their way onto my Menu Monday posts soon! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete