Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Make New Friends...

I know all the other girls I spent last weekend with have already posted their recaps and pictures, but I'm still going to do a little recap of my own, mainly because I have my own friends and family who read here that I want to share with. And I'm sure you all want to see more pictures of some of your favorite bloggers!

Last Thursday night, I left for Richmond, as this is where I was flying out of on Friday. I was spending the night at my parents', and I was planning to get in around 8pm. That didn't quite happen, though. I was about an hour into my trip when I realized I had left my ticket for the conference on my bulletin board. I freaked out a little bit, but quickly felt calm again when I realized how glad I was to remember now and not in Atlanta. I drove back half an hour and J and Layla came to meet me with my ticket. What would I do without those two?

Friday afternoon, my mom dropped me off at the airport where I met my roommate for the weekend, NCF! She and I have met twice before as she has come to visit our city when her husband is here for work. She's such a sweetheart and made a wonderful traveling companion! We never stopped talking the whole flight to Atlanta and back!

When we got to Atlanta, we were greeted at the airport my Megan from Tales of the Trees and Erin from Blue Eyed Bride. These are two girls who I have been blog buddies with for awhile now. I can't even begin to tell you how much I was looking forward to meeting them, and I must say, they were even better in real life than they are in blog land (which says a lot since I love both of their blogs!). They were both so much fun and so sweet. I am so grateful to call each of them a friend! It also helped that ten minutes into meeting her Megan asked us if West Virginia was its own state or just part of Virginia. I knew instantly that I was going to have fun hanging out with her for the weekend!

After picking us up and making the long drive to our hotel in Atlanta rush hour traffic, we checked into our hotel before meeting some other fun girls for dinner. It was so great getting to know these girls. I had actually never read any of their blogs before this weekend, but they are all on my blog roll now! It was also great listening to Megan trying to convince our waiter that we met on the internet. He wasn't buying it. I think that explains my laugh face in this picture.

Me, NCF, Becca, Megan, Erin, Amy, and Lianna

After dinner we hung out at our hotel and Jenna from Jenna's Journey came over. I wish I had gotten a picture with this girl. She was so kind and fun to be around! I wish I could have spent more time with her!

Saturday we woke up for a breakfast at Cracker Barrel. We did a lot of eating this weekend!

Me and my fabulous weekend roommate!

So many wonderful women at breakfast!

After this we headed to the conference at Woodstock Baptist Church which I wrote about on Monday. I am still sitting here trying to process it all. Beth was incredible.

After the conference, we drove downtown for dinner. We encountered a lot of rain, which explains the moppy hair in the following pictures, but that didn't bring any of us down!

We ate at West Egg Cafe, a wonderful recommendation by Amy. I ordered the Fried Green Tomato BLT. I might have dreams about it for the next 6 months...it was just THAT good!


And then we finished dinner with cupcakes! Megan and I each had a CocaCola cupcake, only necessary since we were in Atlanta, home of Coke!


After a lot of laughs and wonderful food, it was time to depart, but not before we got one more group picture!

Trina, Lyndsey,Erin, NCF, Pinksass, Amy, Megan, and Me

That night I hung out in the hotel with Megan, Erin, NCF, and Jennifer who was staying in Erin and Megan's room. I just can't say it enough, but just the "hanging out" this weekend was wonderful. J likes to call these women my "imaginary friends", and I love that I can call them real friends now! It's amazing the way the Lord has orchestrated all these friendships.

Sunday, Becca was kind of enough to come back to our hotel to take NCF, Megan and I to the airport. We also got to meet her adorable little Jayci. What a cutie pie! Once we got to the airport, Megan had a few little problems, but that just meant NCF and I got to spend a little extra time with her. Around noon, we gave her one last hug, and we were on our way home to Virginia.

What a whirlwind of a weekend, but oh my goodness, it was worth every second! I loved that I had the chance to finally meet so many friends, and I definitely hope we get to do it again. I just wish they all were a little closer! I suppose having friends all over is just a good excuse for a weekend away! I can't wait to do it again.

*If you don't read the blogs I linked to above, start now! You will love every one of these girls!*

13 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! Glad that you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hee hee "Is West Virginia a state or just part of Virginia?" hilarious

    i had such a great time with you. you're so much fun and so sweet. seriously, everyone was even better in person and that's saying a whole lot because i love all of your blogs so much.

    i can't wait to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hee hee "Is West Virginia a state or just part of Virginia?" hilarious

    i had such a great time with you. you're so much fun and so sweet. seriously, everyone was even better in person and that's saying a whole lot because i love all of your blogs so much.

    i can't wait to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved getting to meet you! :-) And I really am glad we got to drive to the airport together so that I could talk to y'all a little more - you girls are so sweet and I'm excited to keep following you on here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww that is so great!! I'm glad ya'll had a great time!!! Fried Green Tomato BLT sounds like heaven to me as does coca-cola cupcakes!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the food you guys ate is making me HUNGRY!!! Those coke cupcakes sound wonderfuL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time in Atlanta!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omigosh just thinking about that sandwich makes me SO HUNGRY! I had such a great time with you! I can't wait to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word, I just had my first fried green tomato BLT a couple of months ago, out of this world!!

    I so wish I could have met you at the conference!!! But glad to be following you now!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like so much fun! So glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great pictures!! I'm so glad that you ladies had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had SOOO much fun! I can't. wait! to do it again! :) and come down to see you and the beach ladies too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved reading all of y'alls recaps! Looks like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete