Thursday, April 15, 2010

Must Sees!

I've seen two fabulous movies this past week, and I feel the need to share!
Add these to your list of must sees...


{source}

I watched this movie on Tuesday afternoon, and it was so, so wonderful. If you know anyone with Asperger's Syndrome, watch this. If you don't know anyone who is effected by it, you should still watch it.

It was such a sweet movie. And so honest. They didn't hold back on the realities of Asperger's but they didn't over dramatize it. It was ninety minutes well spent.


Last Saturday, J and I went to our favorite little local theater to see this movie...

{source}

And this was another winner in my book. I had great expectations, as Clint Eastwood directed this movie. Mr. Eastwood just so happens to be the director of some of my all time favorite movies (Gran Torino, Million Dollar Baby, Mystic River, Flags of our Fathers), so I had high hopes for Invictus. Matt Damon and Morgan Freeman were fabulous (is there anyone who doesn't love either of these men?), and the message was powerful. I will openly admit that I don't know much about South Africa's history, but this movie had me longing to know more about the country and Nelson Mandela. The message of forgiveness had me questioning and thinking about the way I treat others.

So...what great movies have you seen lately?

14 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that Adam is good! The second I saw the preview I wanted to see it, but kind of forgot about it. I'll have to add it to my Netflix ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still want to see Invictus...thanks for sharing! We recently saw Date Night, which is obviously very mindless, but entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to see Adam for a while now. I was bummed I missed it in theaters. Thanks for reminding me. It was on my Netflix queue but not sure what happened there. Need to check and see if it got bounced.

    FourthGradeNothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Adam! Such a good movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to see Adam! I'm so behind in movie watching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been hearing wonderful things about Invictus- glad you liked it! I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We saw Adam a couple of weeks ago and I loved it too! Glad to know Invictus was good, its coming upon our Netflix soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wholeheartedly agree on Invictus! I adored that movie! Everything about it was very powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Date Night is the most hilarious movie!! I laughed so hard through the entire movie! It's definitely a funny one for married couples!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved Inviticus, and will just have to search the shelves for the other, since I am getting this suggestion on such great authority.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard Adam was great - now I just need to see it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been wanting to see both of those movies! I'm glad that they were good!

    Rachel, since I know you enjoy reading blogs.... my cousins in Colorado have one. Having never met them, I can't get enough. I think you'd really enjoy their family adventures! Talking about them are the highlight of our family reunions.
    http://www.nolackofblack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've added them to my list!

    ReplyDelete