Sunday, April 18, 2010

beers, books, and sunshine

When we moved to our house back in December, one thing we really loved about it was the front porch. It's pretty tiny, but it's still a nice place to sit and relax. I've been searching craigslist for some porch chairs for weeks, but haven't found anything I like. I'm going to be patient and wait till I find something I like for the right price.

In the meantime, I just carry out an extra kitchen table chair when I feel like enjoying the sunshine. It works for now!

Friday after school, I headed to the gym, then I came home to do this...

What more could you want on a Friday afternoon? A beer, a good book, sunshine...perfection!

This girl enjoyed it as much as I did...possibly because she got to enjoy a rawhide and bark at the kids going by on skateboards.


Fall has always been my favorite season, but spring is sure giving it a run for its money. If it weren't for the pollen, it might just makes it way to number one.


And when I said I enjoyed it with a beer, it wasn't just any beer, I was enjoying a Brooklyn Summer Ale. A beer that is not only refreshing, but it reminds that summer is so close! As a teacher, I love just about anything that reminds me of the approaching summer!


Happy spring! Hope your weekend was full of nice weather like it was here!

7 comments:

  1. Ah! Your front porch made me really nostalgic! I feel like all the houses in TX don't have front porches, in fact, most of the houses don't even have driveways and you pull in to your garage via and alley around the back. Its very foreign, I miss some good porch time! Glad you got some this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, sounds like a perfect Friday afternoon! Summer vacation is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds and looks like it was a relaxing afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's my perfect afternoon! How wonderful! Glad you got to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Put coffee grounds on those azalea bases, and it will bloom like crazy. Layla was having a good day uh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds amazing! I love seasonal beers - they just feel so right during the season.

    I found our patio furniture at Bed Bath and Beyond (they have it seasonally) and I purchased it with a coupon so it was cheap. A year later, it still looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you! I love just sitting on my porch with the pups and good book-so relaxing!

    Oh, and I couldn't find any good porch chairs either so I just ended up buying a papasan chair from pier 1 and it's just about the comfiest (is that a word?) thing ever!

    ReplyDelete