Monday, May 24, 2010

piano man

This weekend I traveled to Richmond to see my little brother in play in his piano recital.


He's quite the music man for 15 years old. He plays piano, drums, and guitar. And he's pretty good at each one. I feel lucky to live relatively nearby so I can be there to enjoy his concerts and recitals.


This is his 6th year (I think?) of playing piano. It's amazing listening to him play. It flows and sounds beautiful. He's come so far as a musician.

Don't judge his little messed up tie here. That would be my fault. I may or may not have tied his tie for him. This is a reminder to my dad: teach this boy to tie his own tie so I don't mess it up for him when I have to do it. Bless his little heart. He's just happy to have won a prize from his competition this past spring. He has no idea that his big sister messed up his tie.


And just for fun, here's one that Jason took of my mom and me.




*No Menu Monday this week. I promise to be back next Monday with a full menu!*

8 comments:

  1. Awesome job lil' bro!

    And, love his tie...you did good. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is too cute! And I'm so glad he's hung onto his talents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no clue they had piano competitions! Congrats to your brother, that's awesome. He is so adorable and I am actually pretty impressed with your tie tying abilities. I wouldn't even know where to start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s so awesome! I know his talent is going to take him places he’s never dreamed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's adorable! And what a great big sis you are! I don't know the first thing about tying a tie! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it sounds like he's really talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, how sweet! I'm sure we would get along since I play the piano and percussion. It's great that he is so well-rounded at such a young age!

    ReplyDelete