Tuesday, May 4, 2010

teacher appreciation week

One of my boys brought this in for me today along with a plant and Starbucks gift card, but believe me when I say that this is the gift I treasure the most...


I am lucky to have the chance to work with such sweet children. Letters like this remind me why I do what I do. The paperwork and meetings and planning is all a big pain in the you know what, but then I get a letter like this and I remember how much I love my job.

If you have a teacher in your life that you love, tell them thanks this week. Even if it's an old teacher who you've reconnected with on facebook. They will appreciate the kind words...trust me. Those words are what keep me going.

9 comments:

  1. that is pretty much the cutest thing ever. way to be such a good teacher!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww, i love it! and yay for a giftcard too! someone had a great idea, that i borrowed :) to make a Smile File, and whenever you get letter or cards from your kids, just pop them all in your Smile File :) when I stopped teaching I took it with me, and boy do they still make me smile! you're such a great teacher, i understand why your kids would love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How precious!! You truly do have one of the most rewarding jobs and ya'll don't get enough credit!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, how sweet is that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. of course you are loved! that card is sweet & who doesn't like to hear they're the best?!

    We put together pedicure gift baskets! (I say *we* clearly, I mean *me*& I am just trying to give my kids SOME credit!) hahaha...

    I know how hard teachers work & we are truly grateful that there are those of you that have the heart for it & the calling to continue doing it.

    Happy Teacher's Appreciation Week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww that's so cute! Such a nice reminder that you rock. :) I'm sure your students are lucky to have you as their teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is too cute! Enjoy your special day :)

    ReplyDelete