Sunday, May 2, 2010

welcome may

It is May. And in May, I begin to feel a pinch of excitement, because May means that June comes next. And in June, school comes to an end, and I then get two glorious months off. I can't really put into words how much I love those two months to myself. No worries, no cares, no gradebooks. It's the best perk of the job!

In addition to the school year coming to an end, there are a few other reasons this month is making me smile. We have a trip planned to Philly to visit our friends M & H and hopefully a trip to Northern Virginia to see my grandparents and some friends (plus a trip to Ikea!). Friday Night Lights returns this month! I have bunches of new recipes I want to try (thank you Rachael Ray magazine). And with all the nice spring weather we've got here, I'm sure there will be many evening walks with my two favorites.

At the end of the month, my students take their big scary state test (my opinions on this will not be stated at this time) which leads to a lot of stress each year, but I've sort of already told myself that what happens, happens. I can only do so much at this time. I've worked very hard all year, and there's no need for lack of sleep and headaches all because of two days. Instead, we're going to focus on all the fun things we still have left to do this year.

So May, I am glad you're here. We might have a few little tiffs towards the end of the month, but I'll manage. I can't wait to see where this month takes us.


Oh and one more little note..thanks to my wonderful neighbor for cutting some roses from her garden, giving them to J, and telling him to bring them to his wife. It put a big smile on my face!

8 comments:

  1. Yay for May, and summer vacation being just around the corner!
    The roses are so pretty, what a sweet neighbor you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your kids will do great on their tests! Hooray for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo for Northern Virginia! (Ohhh Ikea). Such pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am adoring Spring too! Gorgeous roses, lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am feeling ya! I am sooo happy May is finally here! I'll be thinking of you and your students during your testing time. I think it's the hardest time of the entire year! I'm still exhausted from our testing week. You're almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful roses! Hope the month of May goes by fast for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww I love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY for May!!! Beautiful picture of the rose!! :)

    ReplyDelete