Wednesday, May 5, 2010

yearbook coordinator of the year...that's me!

I know I have mentioned on the old blog a time or two that I am the yearbook coordinator this year, but I am not sure if I've elaborated much on this. I decided to take on this job last year when the former yearbook coordinator said she was ready to pass it on. I figured, I like scrapbooking, I bet I could make a yearbook. Turns out making a yearbook is a little more work.

The title "Yearbook Coordinator" is rather misleading. It sounds like I coordinate the whole thing, and there are others helping that I delegate the work to...not so much. My job is actually more like, go to every event at school, take lots of photos, upload them to the web, put them on pretty pages in a book, make sure every child in the school's name is correct, take pictures of every single class, sell ads, scan ads to put in books AND then when the book is done you get to collect a lot of money and try not to lose it, document who bought a book, then figure out how to pass out 300 books to the kids who pre-ordered them...all while dealing with your own class of rowdy fourth graders.

Simple, right? No, not so much.

To be honest, I did enjoy this "extra" job this year. It was a fun way to to do something more at school, and a good way to make a little extra cash. And I even liked taking pictures at events. I am by no means a professional photographers, but it was fun to have a reason to take pictures. However, it's also fair to say that this job brought some stress with it.

BUT.....there is good news. See below, and feel free to judge my post gym look I've got going on here...



That would be me with THE yearbook. It has been passed out, and I've only got about 50 copies left to sell. HALLELUJAH. This job is almost done for the year. Feel free to rejoice with me.

11 comments:

  1. WOO HOO! Way to go YBCotY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! What a great feeling! I know it well! Welcome to the yearbook-teachers club!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go girl!! I can't imagine doing all of that work alone! You should be soooo proud of yourself! What a great way to celebrate--on Cinco De Mayo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats girl! I know you have been working hard on that all year. The cover looks fabulous. Shouldn't school be ending for you soon? Do you teach at all in the summers or just enjoy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work! I've heard from many people that yearbook coordinator is an incredibly time-consuming job. Good for you for taking it on and doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! It definitely sounds like a huge undertaking, but it looks like all of your hard work paid off. Will you do it again next year?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, that sounds like quite the undertaking! Maybe if you take it on next year there will be a little more help for you....that's a lot!!

    Glad it's taken care of for this year though. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! It looks like all of your hard work paid off and now you can enjoy your last few weeks of school :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can only imagine how much extra work that was on your plate, but so rewarding when you see the finished project, YAY!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh girl, I was co-editor of my high school yearbook & I totally feel your pain! Such a huge job for just one person! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, it looks like a hard work, but I'm sure you did a GREAT job!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete