Tuesday, June 15, 2010

colleagues

Last Friday, I came into work running late (as usual), grumpy (pretty typical for 7:30 AM), and hungry because I forgot to grab breakfast before leaving the house. This was not a good combo for a day of me + 22 rowdy ten year olds.

I walked into my classroom and walked to my desk to find this waiting for me...


My very dear friend and co-teacher must have known that it was going to be "one of those days" and she was able to turn it all around with a chicken biscuit from Chick-Fil-A. Two years ago I was working at a school where I didn't have a single colleague I could call a friend. I felt like a loner, and overall I was pretty miserable. I am so glad that that's not the case anymore!

It's the little things like this that make so happy. I am so thankful to work with people who brighten my day with simple gestures like this one!

16 comments:

  1. How sweet of your coworker! This totally makes me want some Chick-fil-a... mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet friend! Working with people like that makes it so much better, huh?

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, that is so sweet! I feel incredibly thankful to work at school with so many wonderful people (and very little drama, which I am not apart of any). It's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet friend! Yay for only 4 days of school left!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome! I love people like that! I hope I have the same kind of coworkers when I start my first teaching job here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you got out of your old school and are now in a school you enjoy. The people you work with can make all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  7. anytime you start the day with chick-fil-a, it's guaranteed to be a good day! it's so nice to be surrounded by great people! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so sweet! Having co-workers that you enjoy makes work so much better! Besides, Chick-Fil-A makes everything better :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So incredibly sweet. God knows exactly what we need at the exact moment we need it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet! Reminds me of our days when we treated ourselves to Chick on the way to Elkton! :) Also- I have been out of school since May 27th. Also, we have a 4 day week. Move to CO and teach with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh! I miss chik-n biscuits soooooo bad.

    Not only do they not have Chic-fil-a up here, but McDonalds took its Southern Style Chicken Biscuit off the breakfast menu in the Pacific Northwest!! That's right, they still have it EVERYWHERE ELSE! Just not here!!

    Can you tell that I'm jealous!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. A chicken biscuit can make any bad day better! What a nice surprise :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so sweet. I hope I get nice co-workers when I start teaching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How sweet of her! True friends at work are something to be so thankful for.

    ReplyDelete