Monday, June 21, 2010

D-O-N-E!

This past Friday we celebrated our last day of school with a delicious breakfast party in my class. Thanks to some wonderful parent volunteers, we had boxes of hot, melt in your mouth, Krispy Kreme donuts. Good gracious these were delicious.


After eating many a donuts and fruit in our cool KK hats (I took so many adorable pictures of my kids stuffing their little faces with donuts while wearing those goofy hats and I wish I could post 'em, but I know that it would be a better idea to leave them off, so just imagine adorable, messy 10 year olds in silly hats here), we watched a movie (Monsters Inc, one of my favs!), and then the kids helped me with a few housekeeping things and then they were out the door! Which means that I am officially on summer vacation. I am finished with my third year of teaching!


Here's my room, all cleaned and packed. I attempted to make it look as much like prison as I could. I think my photo editing did a nice job with that!

I am moving up to 5th grade next year (biiiig change!) which means I had to pack this room up so the custodians can move my stuff over the summer. Moving to 5th grade is going to challenge me for sure, but I am kind of looking forward to it. I'll be working with a new group of teachers. A new group that is incredible and inspiring. I feel lucky to be in their team. I'll have most of my students from this year. It'll be so nice going back in September and already knowing three fourths of my class. So, lots of big changes in store for next year, but change is a good thing.

But, for now, I shall enjoy the luxury of having two whole months off! I think I shall begin with a breakfast of bacon and eggs on an everything bagel!

20 comments:

  1. CONGRATS! Enjoy your time off... I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM, now I'm craving Krispy Kremes for breakfast and we don't have them here! Yay for you summer break, enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So excited for you that it's your summer! I'm jealous of cours! :-) And yay for moving to 5th grade! How fun, can't wait to watch you grow in your new school year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 1st day of summer to you! I know you're so happy and relieved. I wish you could teach my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for being done for Summer! Can't wait to hear about your new adventures teaching 5th grade.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoohoo! I hope you enjoy your summer (but I can't imagine how you wouldn't considering your amazing trip coming up- so excited for you!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful blog! If you are ever interested in making a blog book contact me!

    Sally
    www.booksfromblogs.com
    (20% design fees - 7/10)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Now, its almost time for your big trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay for being done for the summer! enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY! Congrats! Enjoy every minute of your summer!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. last day is always a joy ! mine will be in 15 days ! You're lucky to know you will be with your students next year ... enjoy your holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. donuts are a perfect way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I'm so jealous...there are days when I wish I was an educator so I could have summers off! Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on being done! Enjoy every second of your Summer vacation, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on being done! And Krispy Kremes are dangerous...I think I could eat the whole box. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woohoo! I'm so beyond jealous :)

    ReplyDelete