Friday, June 25, 2010

Goodbye America!

...and hello Europe!


Before we leave, I thought I'd fill you all in on where we're going. I've hinted at a few places on here, but our itinerary wasn't officially finalized until just the other day.

Berne, Switzerland
I hope to see the bear pit here along with Einstein's house and the Rosegarten. We're not spending a lot of time here, but enough time to see and explore!

Florence, Italy
There is so much I want to see here...The Duomo, The Boboli Gardens, The Ufizi...I could go on and on! My list for Florence is never ending!

Genoa, Italy
From here we plan to take a day trip to Cinque Terre...several people have told me that they think this is the most beautiful place on earth. Now I get to be the judge myself!


Nice, France
A friend of mine who was a French major and has been to France on several occasions has told me that this is, hands down, her favorite place to visit in France. We're hoping to do some relaxing here, as I gather that it's more of a beach town/vacation area than a lot of our other stops. We're excited to enjoy the beaches here along with visits to some other nearby towns (Cannes, Monaco, St. Raphael) and the local market, Cours Saleya.

Geneva, Switzerland
This is one part of the trip where I actually have done very little research. Good thing I have my guide books to read through on our travels before we get there! We're thinking a boat tour on the lake, but that's about it for now. Any recommendations?

So there ya have it. If you have any last minute recommendations of things to do/see/eat! while we're there, please share!

*PS...all links are to WikiTavel...SUCH a helpful and free resource for trip planning!

16 comments:

  1. Good luck with the crowd in Nice ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have so much fun! I need a full report on Florence and Cinque Terre - we will be visiting them + Rome next April! Been to Rome but haven't explored any other part of Italy save for Venice (which I hated)!

    Again, HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have such a great trip! I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's going to be amazing! loved berne, obviously, and the bears are SO cute. geneva is stunning-- and like i said on twitter, has a huge july 4 celebration!

    florence and cinque terre are so magical and wonderful. go visit the ufizzi and see the david.

    aaaand we didn't go to nice. we saw it from the inside of the train and it was gorgeous. can't wait to hear about all it! i know you'll take gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am so jealous of your trip! have a great time. i can't wait to see pictures when you get back!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY enjoy -- what a trip of a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How amazing!!!!!! Enjoy EVERY minute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so jealous!!! =) I can't wait to hear about your trip! So excited for you guys! Take a ton of pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to hear all about your trip and see your pictures. Hope you have a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a TOTAL blast!! Can't wait to see all your pics when you get back :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. cinque terre is by far my favorite place in italy, and after studying abroad in florence, we went a lot of places! you will love boboli gardens in florence! ( : eat lots of gelato there too - there is a place by plaza santa croce called perque no, and they have the best gelato!!!!

    ( : ciao bella!! can't wait to see your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a GREAT time!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are going to have such an amazing time and eat wonderful food & see beautiful things! I am so excited for you and can't wait for post vacation pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a fabulous trip! Can't wait for the recap and pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so jealous! I've always wanted to take a trip like this, but have been scared of even thinking about the cost! If you don't mind me asking, how much do you think it will be when all is said and done? Please email me at fowlersusane at gmail dot com

    If you do mind me asking, don't worry about it-- I was just curious. Have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete