Thursday, June 24, 2010

how does your garden grow...

Now that spring is gone and we are in the heat of summer, our garden is thriving in our little yard. It really seems like everything has come to life in the past two weeks. We have harvested several cucumbers. Our snap peas are almost done, and tomatoes and zucchinis are off to a great start! And then the basil and cilantro is out of control. I'm looking for takers at this point. There's no way we're gonna be able to use it all.

So, whose coming over for a vegetable/herb feast? We have plenty to share!






Also, I am proud to say all 5 of these photos were shot manually. Remember my summer goals? #2 was learn to shoot in manual. I have really read through Understanding Exposure, and I am kicking myself for not reading this book before now. It has totally changed my outlook on taking pictures. And it has made learning the basics easy as pie. If you have a DSLR and you never change it to manual, buy yourself this book!

5 comments:

  1. So great! Wonderful when you can start seeing the fruits of your labor and I know it will all be YUMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some basil growing in a flower pot on by my window but yours put it to shame! Enjoy all of the delicious herbs/veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried growing a garden for 2 years, but the soil here is just awful - lots of rocks! So sad, and I'm super jealous of your garden AND photo skills! I need that book. You have a Nikon, right? Will it work for Canon too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks fantastic! You know, I didn't add flowers into my garden until a month or so ago -- I waited for my plants and herbs (priority #1) to start doing their thing. So I say... if you're wanting more color, just go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the pictures and yay for the garden!!

    ReplyDelete