Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Saturday with my Grandparents

This weekend J and I traveled to Northern Virginia to visit my grandparents who live up there. After a nice lunch and some chatting at their home, we headed to see The National Museum of the Marine Corps. My grandfather was a Marine who fought in Vietnam and served in Iran. I felt very proud to be there with him.


If you're ever in the DC area, make the trip to this museum. It was an amazing experience. The museum runs strictly on private funds. It's amazing to see the way they have displayed the history of the Marine Corps.






And I'll say it again...incredible museum! We visited for about 3 hours, but I could have stayed for 3 more. There was just so much to see and read.

8 comments:

  1. Seriously, I dont always LOVE museums . . . but that one looks cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've driven by so many times (and my parents shop at the commissary in Quantico) and we've never stopped to visit. I will this summer with the kids. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My best friend had her rehearsal dinner there and you are right, it is amazing! I think everyone should visit it at least once. Glad you had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm a new follower!! I love the MC Museum! I can't wait to see the new part when they are finally done with the second section! Also, I bought my first set of the newest craze, Silly Bands. They are so goofy, I love it!

    Cheers, can't wait to read more!
    Reina @ sempergumbythelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun! I'll have to visit once I'm a Washingtonian (next week - aaahhh!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My brother is currently a US Marine and said this museum was awesome. I need to make my way up to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck, all of your goals seem obtainable and kinda fun too!
    PPC Advertising India

    ReplyDelete