Tuesday, June 1, 2010

welcome june

June...the month that feels like it will never get here. I am so happy to you my old friend!


It is June, and teacher's everywhere are rejoicing. There are 14 days left in this school year and I hear summer vacation calling my name. I am starting off my month with a full day field trip to our nation's first permanent settlement to help my kiddos learn more about Captain John Smith and Pocahontas. In addition to our trip, I'll be spending the next 14 (school) days practicing crowd control, doing reader's theaters with the kids, eating popsicles, and celebratory breakfast party on our last day (JUNE 18!).

But there's more to me than school. June also means lots of kiddie pool time for Layla the wonder dog, lunch dates with grandparents, trips to see old high school friends who have moved back to the area, and oh yes, a trip to Europe.

This might just be the best month yet.

Cheers to the next 30 days!

15 comments:

  1. I know you are so excited for June 18th! We did a field trip to Jamestown in elementary school and I loved it! Good luck with the kids today, they are so lucky to have you as their teacher :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember my 4th grade field trip to Jamestown...that was soooooooooo very long ago, though! ;)

    Enjoy...you've got great weather today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta LOVE June, and can I please go to Europe with you?????? HA!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that you love June and it sounds like a busy month for you! I bet Europe will be awesome, how exciting! Lots to look forward to and I hope it's a smooth last few days of school for you as you get ready for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay June! Just stopping by to let you know I gave you an award on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for June! I can't believe that you go until June 18th! We go 'til the 11th, and I thought that was really late. Enjoy your last few weeks of school, your official summer vacation is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoohoo!!! My best friend is a teacher and she has a countdown too. Love the photo of Layla in the pool, I bet she loves that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for Europe Trip! Can't wait to compare stories.

    PS- Do you use a straighter on your hair? If so, do you want one that fits in euro outlets? I had to buy one over there (long story). Lemme know! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that photo...our Bogey loves the kiddie pool as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for June finally being here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for 14 more days!!

    Layla looks like she enjoys the pool as much as my pup does. He just lays in it for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! You're almost done!! :) Loving the pic of Layla in her sweet little pool! Too fun!! I can't wait to have some girl time once you are free!!! :)

    Hurry up June 18th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I teach 5th grade in Washington state and I'm totally jealous that you get to go on a field trip to Jamestown! That is beyond awesome. Our last day is June 18th, too! Cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoy the last few weeks. Summer is coming up quick.

    Best,

    Hannah Katy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pic! What kind of camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete