Saturday, July 10, 2010

Back in the US


And we're back. After 15 days of traveling to three beautiful countries and eating some of the best meals of my life and sweating through every single shirt I packed and spending lots of time with my very dear husband, we are home, safe and sound.

I am ready to punch some people over at US Airways who temporarily lost my luggage on the way to Europe, and now both my husband I still don't have our bags back in the US. They are somewhere in lost luggage purgatory and the people behind the counters seem to have no idea where exactly they are at the moment. Hopefully by the next time I post I can happily tell you that they've arrived. Cross your fingers for us. In the mean time, I will be hating on US Airways and advising you all not to fly with them.

Many, many, MANY pictures were taken and I have lots to share (thank goodness the camera and SD cards were in my carry on!), but I think a day of rest is what's in store for us today. Maybe that and a little Mexican! We certainly loved all of the fabulous food (and gelato!) that we ate over there, but I sure missed our local Mexican hot spot. Chips and salsa might be just what I need to cure my lost luggage blues!

11 comments:

  1. So happy to hear that you had a wonderful and delicious trip! Can't wait to see pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such a fabulous trip! Can't wait to see pictures! Whenever we get back from trips the first thing we do is go eat some Tex-Mex! I'm always craving it, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home! Can't wait to hear about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're home safe! Cant wait to see pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see your pictures and hear about your trip! Other than going to Oaxaca, Mexico for a missions trip back in 2003, I've never been out of the country, so I will live through you. :)

    Sorry again about the luggage. Man, I'd be TICKED. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're back safe!

    American Airlines lost my Dad's bag going to Rome so we was without clothes for almost two days -- he did a bit of shopping!

    That's funny you're craving Mexican food. I SO did too! :)

    Can't wait to hear all the stories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome home! Upside to not having luggage: you can focus on sharing all your pictures instead of unpacking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun trip! I am going to Italy next spring and need some planning ideas! Where should we go? We know rome, florence, and venice but any specific things we should see? Your ideas would be greatly appreciated!
    jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cannot wait to see pics. So glad ya'll made it safely back and know you can't wait till your luggage does too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry about the luggage! I will be thinking good thoughts for your luggage to return. Can't wait to read about the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your luggage. US Airways is awful!

    ReplyDelete