Monday, July 12, 2010

Back to Menu Monday...

I know I have millions of recaps and photos to post from vacation, but in order to get back into the swing of things at home, I am posting a Menu Monday. I love going away on vacation and eating out night after night, but after a few days I begin to miss my kitchen. Crazy, no? I might be the only person who misses time from the kitchen when I am being pampered and served in European restaurants!

Here's what we've got on the menu for this week...it's more than our usual 5 meals...I like to spice things up when I am not working in the summer time!

My Meals:
  • Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Cuban Black Beans and Rice
  • Baked Zucchini Sticks and Sauce with a salad....we came home from vacation to 2 of the largest zucchinis I've ever seen in my life. They are each close to a foot long. I am on a hunt for good zucchini recipes!
J's Meals:
PLUS....as a bonus and because we have a million pounds of zucchini and have lots of free time, I think I'll be making a few loaves of zucchini bread this week. I made this recipe last summer and it's wonderful!

8 comments:

  1. Yummy--bacon mac! That sounds so good. I made Kate's (Elefantitas Alegres) chk and veggie tostadas last night with zucchini. They were so good and soooo easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm!!! I too miss our kitchen when we're gone on vacation! I actually enjoy cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, please set an extra place at the dinner table! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, PW's Tequila Lime Chicken is so good!! It's on my menu for tomorrow night :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great! I wish I was eating at your house! My best friend always grows tons of zucchinis so I'm usually a luck recipient of a few. Love them broiled!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok I seriously need to make the bacon mac - it sounds SOOO good! And your zucchini is out of control! I bet your bread will be delish!

    I'm glad you're back!! I want to hear all about your trip and well, just see you before the bean makes his arrival!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. PW's Tequila Lime Chicken is delicious! I made it a couple of weeks ago and already want to make it again. Breakfast for dinner is so much fun too! Can't wait to hear about your trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are not alone in missing your kitchen! After a nine-day road trip to Canada and back, I couldn't wait to get home to the comforts of my own kitchen. (My waistline is very pleased, too.)

    ReplyDelete