Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Girls Beach Weekend

This post is way overdue!

Let's begin by saying that I had what I would consider to be a fabulous high school experience. I had wonderful friends, I was very involved, and some of my favorite memories today are from my high school days. I know that's not the case for everyone, and I feel fortunate to look back on those four years as four of my favorites.

Two weekends ago, some of my good friends from high school (well, we really go back to elementary school) came down here for a beach weekend. We got a hotel at the oceanfront and enjoyed a weekend at the beach. Since graduating from high school in 2002, it's rare that we are able to get together with all of us living in different parts of the country. We see each other at weddings, but as you all know, a wedding weekend flies by, especially for those in the wedding. It was nice being able to hang out and just relax with no agenda. Not all of our "group" could come for the weekend, but it was still so much fun being together.




We're hoping to do something again next summer, and start the planning earlier so that everyone can come. Maybe Charleston? I'm liking that idea!

7 comments:

  1. I was with my high school girls this past Sunday and Monday... I love them so much!

    I too have great memories and friends from high school!

    So glad you had fun!! Isn't a girls weekend so restorative?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Three of my best friends from high school and I get together about once a month. Since there is just 4 of us it makes it a little easier. We are finally all back in the same city since we graduated and it's so nice getting together. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't ya love just catching up with high school friends?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you guys hit some fun spots at the Oceanfront (and stayed away from the friggin' Block!!).

    How lovely that y'all are able to get away for fun weekends like this...and good God do I feel old. ;) My 15 year H.S. reunion is this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun!! Nothing beats a girl weekend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl's weekends are so much fun! Looks and sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like so much fun! My girlfriends and I always talk about doing a girls weekend, but still never have. We really need to get on that!

    ReplyDelete