Sunday, July 25, 2010

Menu Monday on a Sunday

Because it's summer and most of my life seems to be upside down and because I have no schedule or consistency in my life, we're doing Menu Monday today, a Sunday. Deal with it.

J was traveling for work last week and I drove to my hometown to visit my family for the week which meant no Menu Monday. I am sure you all were crying and wondering what I was busy eating. On the two nights I ate here at home, it was leftovers and frozen potstickers via TJ's. Through out the rest of the week I enjoyed some barbecue and coleslaw and corn on the cob one night, some movie theater popcorn while watching Inception one night, and some pasta salad and fried chicken at a local event for my college one night. A thrilling week of meals, and I didn't have to cook a single one of 'em!

I did cook a little on Friday afternoon when I made some fried green tomatoes using a tomato from the garden. It was incredibly delicious and I plan to make more since we have tomatoes coming out of ears right now. I used pieces of this recipe, but I made a few adjustments. I added in some garlic powder to the corn meal and didn't use any flour. I only used about a tablespoon of panko breadcrumbs as opposed to 2 cups. I also cooked mine in peanut oil instead of vegetable oil.



But enough about greasy snacks. Time for some real meals. Here's what's going on in our kitchen this week. Lots of new recipes!

My Meals:

J's Meals:
Happy Cooking!

6 comments:

  1. mmmm, your fried green tomatoes look yummy! Dare I say, I don't know if I've ever had them?? I need to come over! and while I'm coming over, I'll come over on fish taco night! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm...those recipes look great! I so wish Hubby would eat more seafood, I would love to be able to fix more shrimp dishes! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm - they all sound amazing! But, right now - I could really go from some fried green tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Printing these recipes!!! Tahnks for sharing:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUMMM!!!!!!!!!! The whole menu is delish and LOVE fried green tomatoes!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy the Shrimp Pesto Pizza as much as I did! The fish tacos sound amazing, I may have to try them too!

    ReplyDelete