Friday, July 16, 2010

What's going on...

Taking a quick break from vacation recaps to do a little report on life at the moment. We're going to do it number style today.

1. I fiiiiiinally picked up The Help from my local library after being on the waiting list since November. I've heard so many great things from so many whose opinions I trust. I'm just cheap and never buy books when I know I can get them for free from the library!


2. I posted on Menu Monday this past week that I was making PW's Tequilla Lime Chicken this week. I made it last night and O-M-G, go make it now! This is a new favorite!

3. Since Monday, I've been trying to put my vacation photos on Facebook, but I have had no such luck. It freezes every time unless I do one photo at a time, which is only a huge pain. Anyone else have this problem lately? I'd love to know if it's just me.

4. Did I mention yet that our luggage arrived? It arrived about 2 days after we did. Nothing was missing, but our bags looked like they had really been thrown around. Filthy and smelling of smoke. US Air is still on my hate list.


5. This one's for my teacher friends...on Tuesday I went to the Teacher Production Center in the city I work in. I had heard about this place but never been. I am now kicking myself for not going sooner! It's a free service to teachers who teach in my city. You walk in and see wall to wall of colored paper (cardstock, printer, and construction), die cuts galore, and then lots of computers where you can design or use pre-made posters and print them in color on either regular sized paper OR you can make 2 poster size posters on a large color plotter every time you visit. I was like a kid in a candy store! I can't believe I haven't taken advantage of this FREE service prior to this week!

6. The mint in the garden is going nuts. This only calls for one thing...mojitos! Too bad we don't have mojito glasses. They're on my list!


7. On Sunday, my good friend Tyler (remember her?) came by for a quick visit. She was in the area for a bachelorette party and made a pit stop here before heading home. She helped us eat bacon mac!


And that's all I got! Lots going on this weekend. Can't wait to see some old friends who will be in town!

15 comments:

  1. Did PW's chicken have a strong tequilla taste? The taste of it makes me want to gag, otherwise I would have jumped all over that chicken much earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading The Help right now and it is very good. I stay up late reading this and can barely put it down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Help is so great! Well worth the wait! I read it at the beginning of the summer and I already want to read it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am reading The Help right now and LOVE IT!! I havent had much time to read it this week though. I plan on picking back up this weekend. Its so good. Also I am going to have to make that recipe, sounds delicious. I want some fresh mint so I can make mojitos. I am so jealous. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to get the help! I should get in about 10-12 weeks from Paper Back Swap. Lol.

    GUESS what I'm making for dinner tonight? Tequila Lime Chicken by PW. I saw it on your MM. It's marinating in the fridge now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me at bacon mac! I am lucky, I've never not gotten my luggage before - glad it got to finally!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ummm...Those two recipes just went on my grocery list next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great FREE resource to have!! I wish we had something like that around here.

    YAY for you luggage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Facebook has been acting weird for me lately as well. But not doing the one at a time picture thing. That would make me crazy!

    Glad your luggage finally made its way home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm. PW's Tequila Lime Chickie is def a favorite in our house as well. Made it this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Share some of that mint, please!! (And watch it, too...mint is invasive. But, it's also good at keeping ants away and it's supposed to be good at keeping flies away, too.)

    OK...gotta make that chicken and I love, love, love how Layla stopped to "pose" for the pic, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh, I could really just sit down and read The Help with a mojito right now. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's great that your luggage finally came! US Air has been sucking for me all summer. After this summer, I'm avoiding them at all costs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. gosh, i am glad that your luggage finally came! ridiculous! and - honestly (i am not a complainer) - but I would complain about my luggage being ruined by the smell of smoke - yuck!

    please let us know how The Help is! I am waiting for it too - too cheap :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so jealous of your local teacher workroom!!!! It sounds amazing, I definitely wish we had something like that!!

    ReplyDelete