Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Anniversary in Pictures

First of all, thanks for all your sweet comments on my anniversary post last week. You all said some of the sweetest things! A lot of you asked for more details about how I met J while he was under my desk at work...you can read the whole story of how we met here.

For our second anniversary we celebrated in a few simple ways.

We ate cake...


I made Maggie's perfect pesto with basil from our garden, and I used it to make Shrimp Pesto Pizza (recipe from Virginia Belle's blog) And I can only wish I had a picture of the pizza for you, but it was just so yummy that we ate it all up before I had a chance to take a photo. Definitely a wonderful meal, though!


We drank a few beers. Notice the name of the beer. Only appropriate for an anniversary. It also helps that this is one of my favorite beers and it comes from a place not too far from us!


We took a few pictures. I want to have photos of us each year on our anniversary. Since it was just us, we used the ol' tripod to get a few photos of us on the front porch.


And then this little monster came out to join the fun...


And then on Tuesday (the day after our anniversary), we had dinner at our favorite local restaurant, The Boot.


We would have gone on our actual anniversary, but they're closed on Mondays. That's okay, though. It allowed us to stretch out the celebrating for an extra day!

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect celebration! Anniversaries are great! We just had our first :) I'll have to try that beer - it says wheat beer and I love any wheat beer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Star Hill's The Love!!!

    Yay...happy anniversary (again!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and thank you for the pesto recipe...we need to do something with our crazy, outta control basil!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute photo together. Glad you had a great Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds perfect! happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun fun stuff! I like the idea of stretching it out a few days!

    We're celebrating our 2 yr anniversary 2 days before the actual day b/c I'll be traveling work on the actual day. Oh well.

    I must try this pesto!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cake has rainbow chip frosting. I approve!

    Love your anniversary pic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, how sweet! Glad you had a nice time together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously, you and your husband are the CUTEST!!! So glad you had a wonderful anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys had a great anniversary! We did NOTHING. We are slackers! That picture of you two is extra cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that picture of you two on your anniversary, too cute!

    After seeing your cake picture, I want to go out and buy a can of Rainbow Chip frosting and eat two heaping spoonfulls of it! YUM! I love that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great anniversary! i've never seen that beer before. wonder if it's a northern thing?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christine T.W.8/6/10, 3:26 AM

    Rachel! I took some sinus meds at 11PM and now I cannot sleep...it's 3:30AM. Anyway, I've been reading your blog for an hour or more, and I have found even more GREAT recipes. I have also enjoyed getting to know you better. :) PS. LOVE the pic of you and J in b&w.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your tradition of taking your picture on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete