Thursday, August 26, 2010

Enjoying my last few days of summer

Here's a peek at my life as I enjoy the last week of summer...

I've been using these pretty cloth napkins...a lovely gift from my two friends, Rachel and Laura, who came to visit me a few weeks ago.


Eating donuts....even when they are melty. I just think it adds to the flavor!



Finishing The Hunger Games Trilogy! I mentioned last week that I started and finished the first book. This past weekend I finished Catching Fire and I picked up Mockingjay yesterday. Guess what I'll be doing all day?


Filling out 21 postcards for my 5th graders! I am sure they'll be thrilled to hear from me.


We have been working on putting together a guest room this summer. I have one more thing I need to buy, and a few things to hang before I share it with you all, but this picture will serve as a little sneak peak. I am loving the look of it!

13 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear what you think about the Mockingjay.

    I started rereading it last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I can't wait to start reading the Hunger Games. It better live up to the hype! :)

    Also, I don't know how you can eat melty donuts. I like mine almost-freezer cold. Mmm... they're so yummy crunchy chocolate-y.

    Now I'm hungry. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so cannot wait to see pics of the guestroom. I’m sure it will look gorgeous!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see your guest room. Im loving that last picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I am excited to see your guest room. I love the color in the sneek peak picture. Oh, donuts, I have been known to eat the Entemans Chocolate Lovers pack. Yum! And oh so classy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the postcards for your students. How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the napkins! I'd come eat donuts with you! I need to add those books to my long and growing book list. and I love that last pic, I can't wait to see the guest room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous of your summer break! I get 7 days off in a row around Labor Day and I'm just thrilled :)

    Love the napkins and I can't wait to see what the guest room looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  9. At first I thought The Hunger Games sounded a little spooky, but now with all of the hype I'm second guessing if I should read them. Maybe I misunderstood the plot? Are they scary?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those napkins!! Based on the last photo, the guest room is going to be gorgeous. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet your guest room is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You ~Ron

    ReplyDelete