Friday, August 6, 2010

Getting to know you...

I have a lot of new readers and I thought it might be a good idea to fill you in on some details about my life that you may not already know. The really important things in my life. The stuff that truly defines who I am.

1. I really like Eminem. I know, I know. His music is a little (okay, a lot) explicit, but I love it. When his movie 8 Mile was in theaters, I saw it three times. THREE TIMES. He scares me, but I love his music.

2. My ears constantly itch. Like in the canals. And then I make a weird nose in my throat because I try to itch my ears with my throat. That probably makes zero sense but it kind of works, but not quite. Sometimes I want to stick a metal coat hanger in my ear. It may be an allergy related problem. Or maybe I just have ear/nose/throat issues.

3. When I was little and in preschool, I would refuse to wear pants. My mother had to dress me in just dresses and skirts, even in the freezing cold. My reason? Miss Piggy on Muppet Babies didn't wear pants.

4. I prefer Pacey over Dawson. Speaking of which, all you Dawson Creek fans need to watch this video. Thanks to my sis for this one.

5. I don't have a smart phone. It's really bringing me down, but I refuse to pay full price for one until I can get it with a discount.

6. Through out high school, I wore my denim overalls ALL the time. I so wish that they would come back in style.

7. Also in high school, I did forensics. For those of you who don't know, forensics is competitive public speaking. It might also be one the dorkiest things ever, but I am glad I did it. It was fun and I won some trophies.

8. One of the many reasons I love my husband: He lets me listen to Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood on road trips. And sometimes, it's rare, but sometimes, he even will listen to the Wicked soundtrack with me. What a guy.

9. We talk about moving...a lot. Most recently we've been discussing the mountains here in VA, but sometimes we talk about other places too. Really far away places....like Colorado, and Washington, and California. Something really scares me about moving so far away, but then a big part of me loves the idea of a new place and new adventures.

10. I pick at the paint on my toe nails which means pedicures never last long and I feel like I waste my money. But then when I've picked at them and the polish is all chipped I go pay to get another one. It's a vicious cycle.

26 comments:

  1. Oh, you've made me laugh this morning!

    Ya gotta get the smart phone - worth.every.penny.

    You guys would looooove Colorado. It's right up your alley. The cost of living? WAY cheaper than where you are at now. Seriously - you could live like rockstars AND be close to the mountains :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love Eminem's new stuff!! So bad, but so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My ears itch too and I do the same thing!! haha. My hubby thinks Im wierd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My ears itch like that every now and then. My mom can do the weird throat thing... I can't. And I'm so incredibly jealous. It's miserable not being able to scratch the itch.

    I also prefer Pacey. Dawson was so whiney and annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I listen to Eminem when I run, love it! Washington is a great place to live, but I am probably biased. :) I love having the mountains and the water nearby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tooo funny, I'm pretty sure that I would have NEVER pegged you as an Eminem fan!

    We've only lived here a year, and constantly talk about moving too!! I don't recommend CA if you value your teaching career however! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHA!! I never would have thought you'd be an Eminem fan, LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hilarious!!

    i don't have a smart phone either...we might be the only ones left! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love it :-) you're hilarious!

    oh and you should consider atlanta . . . fun city ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh the wicked soundtrack... my husband draws the line there. i love it and listen to 4,6, and 7 on repeat... he definitely doesn't love it though. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just bought Eminem's Recovery yesterday and its the only thing I have listened to since. I heart him & Jay Z, thats it for rap music for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I second the eminem thing- strangely appealing! And my brother used to get mistaken for pacey back in the day. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. No judging here! I was a forensic geek too- president, nationally ranked, and college recruited. My husband was an athlete and I always joke about how if we had known each other in the hs we so would not have dated.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok, how do I even say this? I'm just going to say it: I also saw 8 mile int he theater THREE times. I'm not even kidding. I don't think I've ever admitted that to anyone. HA! And I also itch my ears by rubbing my tongue on my throat. It totally works!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG my ears always itch too! I'm going to the ENT next week.... hopefully he can find out what's wrong. I always make that werid noise and it drives people CRAZY!!!! Ha! I have a deviated septum and a sinus infection that will never go way so maybe that has something to do with it! Or it may be allergies!

    P.S. I prefer Pacey over Dawson too! I was a huge Dawsons Creek fan!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you've got some other closet Eminem fans as readers! Ha!

    Way to go Hubby for letting you listen to some fabulous country music! I love the Wicked soundtrack too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pacey was a million times better than Dawson. Hands down.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree -- Pacey is made of all things that are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all of your tidbits. I remember standing in a LONG line on the opening night of 8 Mile. My friend and I drove all the way from college to civilization and thought we were the coolest things ever. I would crank up his music and sing!

    We totally would have been college Eminem friends!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The mountains of Virginia sounds like a good place to live!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I also LOVE Eminem. Everyone is shocked when I tell them, but I've loved him since high school. (I think that timing is right?)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVED my overalls in high school! They do nothing for the figure but gosh darn, they are comfortable! I totally think you and I could bring them back in a big way, don't you? No? Okay then.

    I've been completely MIA on blogs lately but I'm trying to stop by and tell some people hi today. One day soon I want to come back and read ALL about your Europe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Okay. I'm normally a lurker, but I had to comment to this post (but you probably hear that a lot, though). My brother loved Eminem when he came out and I actually had a debate with my mom and my sister why he shouldn't have been listening to his music. However, I still know the words to "Forgot About Dre." I love the Dawson. I'm sorry, but I really love James Van Der Beek. It started out as a joke, but it became love. I have a smart phone, and it's not that great. I don't like mine, so consider yourself lucky. If you decide to get one, though, I got mine for $50 and it has a touch screen. And I'm still trying to figure out where Overalls are in stores these days. I had my overalls for 5 years, and I do not regret having them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I loved Pacey over Dawson too! I miss that show! :(

    I have my husband's old and cracked blackberry and I love it. But I am so not willing to pay for an expensive smart phone of my own. I feel you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. annnnnnnnnnd i'm a fan of you already. It's totally because of Pacey too. I LOVED Pacey.

    ReplyDelete
  26. It makes me laugh that you love Eminem. I like his songs but he kinda makes me want to punch someone.

    I too don't have a smartphone.

    I wore overalls in middle school. Much to my embarrassment. Woof.

    ReplyDelete