Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Help a teacher out!

It's that time again. I am gonna use my blog to beg you loyal readers for your help. As another school year starts, that means one thing is on my mind...BOXTOPS!

Thank you Apple Photo Booth for helping me out with this post!

I have come to you for your help before (and again!). And several of you have been a HUGE help! If you're new to the blog, let me do a quick intro to the wonderful world of boxtops.

On top of many of your favorite products (Pillsbury, Ziplock, General Mills, Huggies diapers, Fiber One, Betty Crocker) there is a box top. He looks just like this....


Every time you cut one of these out and donate it to a school, the school can reimburse it for ten cents. TEN CENTS! When a whole class brings in 300 of these, that's $30 for your school! And if you school has 30 classes, that's $900...it adds up!

At my school, it's a big competition, and we use the money to buy all sorts of things for the classroom. This is a great program that benefits students and teachers and communities. So here is my plea: If you don't have a school to give to, would you save them for me? I hate to think that people throw these away just because they don't have kids or a school to give to. I would love to take them off yours hands! Even if you just collect 5 boxtops, that's fifty cents. And if 10 other readers collected 5 boxtops for me, we're looking at over $5. It adds up!

If you're interested, email me at
innosimplelanguage(at)gmail(dot)com
and I'll send you my mailing address.

Thanks wonderful friends!

9 comments:

  1. I was just grocery shopping this weekend and I said to my husband "Do people even collect these box tops anymore?" And apparently they do! Glad people can use them, Check your email :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about this as I cut one out last night! I have a baggie of them!! I'll email you to make sure your address is the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh i will chk our boxes out and if I have any send to you:-) We only shop at Trader Joes . . . not sure if they have it but will look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already have a bag workin' for you!! :) (is your hair lighter in that pic, or is it just me?? :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girlfriend, you I love sending you some boxtops. :)

    I've been saving them over the Summer for ya!

    The main products I get them on are Cheerios and Ziplock bags. I'll wait 'till the I accumulate some more before I send the next batch your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. if i buy anything with them i'll for sure send them to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I put some in the mail to you this morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never remember to look for these, but I'll try and mail them to you if I find some!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just a great idea. I wish we could do this here in my country!

    ReplyDelete