Monday, August 30, 2010

Menu Monday (can you believe it?!)

I go back to work today for teacher work week...let the fun begin! The next five days will be filled with fighting the copy machine, abusing the die cut machine, labeling text books, sitting in services, and eating all the junk they provide for us for breakfast. Fun times for all.

But, as promised, I am back with Menu Monday now that life is back on a schedule. My fabulous husband has picked up the fifth meal this week since he knows my life is gonna be ca-razy for the next two weeks. He'll also probably take that fifth meal next week since it's the first week of school. Have I mentioned how much I love having a husband who loves to cook as much as I do? And....get this...he almost always does the dishes too. How did I get so lucky?

My Meals:
  • Fajita Salad, adapted from NHerShoes
  • Corn on the cob (gotta enjoy it while it's still in season!), baked sweet potatoes with chili powder, and chicken sausage with grilled onions on hot dog buns
J's Meals:

8 comments:

  1. ooh sweet potatoes with chili powder sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you were able to find time this week for meal planning! Being back in school is hectic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy back to school ! mine is wednesday...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good way to divide things. It all sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a great first day of work week... I start tomorrow, BOO! I'm planning on serving spaghetti and frozen pizza for the first 2 weeks of school, so you're menu looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish the hubs liked corn on the cob. I could eat it everyday, but he does not like corn. I guess that's my pay back for not liking shrimp! We may try the pesto with chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how I wish I was as organized as you with cooking. That is one of goals for the new school year...make a plan for the week! Perhaps I'll just steal your menus for a while. I hope that your work week is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, that salad sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete