Thursday, August 12, 2010

Teacher Week: Classroom Tour (Kinda!)

Today for Teacher Week on Abby's Blog (which I am loving, btw!), the theme is Classroom Tours. Unlike a lot of the teacher bloggers out there, we don't start until September 7th, so my room is still a big ol' mess/work in progress.

Since I am switching to 5th grade this year, I also have to switch classrooms. I have now put in close to 15 hours in my new space, but almost all of that time has been dedicated to cleaning out the JUNK (yes, 4 giant trashcans full of it) of the previous teacher in this room. It's been a pain, to say the least, but I'm slowly making progress.

So, instead of a tour of my new classroom, here are some pictures from last year's room when I was in 4th grade. Last year I taught all subjects, but in 5th grade I'm teaming and only teaching math and science. I probably won't have the big reading corner like I did last year.


Here is the place my room is in now. Keep following my blog, because I promise to share the finished product in a few weeks once I've completed it all! Also, you'll notice the Smartboard isn't up yet. However, we've been promised that they'll be up by the end of September. I had one at my old school, but this will be my first time with one at my new school. I've missed it so much!


I have a long way to go! But give me a few weeks and it'll look darling!

15 comments:

  1. Love your classroom! Can't wait to see your new room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl! Yes, it will be fun to see the finished product! I love all the bright colors & fun manipulatives. I am such a sucker for that stuff. I must.look.away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love watching the process..I teach 6th grade math and science, my husband teaches 5th...we are almost starting...but soooo sad to see summer end...we start with kids the 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cozy classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So colorful! I'm also moving this year (kindergarten to Title 1) and it's been a CHORE cleaning out the junk that was in my new room! Looking forward to seeing your "Finished" pics too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the final product! It looks like you have really good sized rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love looking at all of these classrooms. I don't remember them looking so fun and having all these activities when I was in school (of course that was forever ago). Makes me want to be a teacher! I can't wait to see the finished room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you're off to a great start! Can't wait to see the finished product :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It took me a whole year to clean out the JUNK from the previous teacher. She had 37 years worth of junk in that room. Happy Cleaning & Decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  10. After our tweeting, I know you've made TONS of progress!! Can't wait to see the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your room! Can't wait to see what you do with your new room! I teach 4th grade in TX, good luck next year in 5th grade!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to see your new room!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking good!! Love the colors. I can't wait to see the final product.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness...you poor thing! I had to move this year too but I didn't have half the stuff you had to deal with!

    ReplyDelete