Monday, August 23, 2010

Where did the time go?

#1 - I am a failure at my Menu Monday posts. I swear that I'll start posting again when my life has some sort of normality in it from week to week. Promise!

#2 - New questions and posts are up over at Book Beginnings and Bookends! Erin and I would love for you to join in!

And #3- The real reason behind this post. Today is move in day at my beloved alma mater! I can't believe it's been 8 years since I moved out and started college at JMU.


My college memories are all so fresh, 8 years just seems so far away. Here I am on my move in day, sad to be saying goodbye to my little brother...


And just for fun, a few other college memories...these pictures make me feel so old today! Anyone else feel that way?

11 comments:

  1. They started college last week at my school and it made me SO SAD. And old.

    I always think... wouldn't it be nice to go back - just for a day?

    And then I remember the homework and I feel ok about being old. Kinda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun pics, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so cute in your college pics! :-) Oh and I fee; ridiculously old these days and I'm only 25!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh...ODU starts next week! :( Thank goodness my grad school classes are at the higher ed building close to home. ;)

    I remember my move-in day...11 years ago. Eeek! If I could go back and do it all over again, I think that I would. I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just thinking the other day about moving away from home off to college. I was thinking how simple things were back then. I do agree with Sarah, so glad to no longer be doing homework, taking quizes and writing reports!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so cute in these pictures! And you just made me really miss my college days. I need to go home and dig through pictures now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, I remember my college move in day like it was yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are not old, I am old! :) My ten year high school is this October:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! We have some purple and gold floating around our house -- mixed in with blue and white, of course :) Penn State students start classes today, and because I work for the university, I'm reminded every year at this time just how old I'm getting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YES! I definitely feel old! I remember the anticipation of starting new classes and wondering what the work load would be. I LOVED buying my new supplies each semester! Ah the college days!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was just talking with my friends the other day how crazy it is that college really was that long ago for us. It does make me feel old now that I'll be working longer than I was in college for! I love the picture of you and your brother- too cute!

    ReplyDelete