Sunday, September 26, 2010

Crab Feast 2010

We spent our weekend eating these...


Some friends of ours have a nice balcony attached to their apartment and we went over yesterday afternoon/evening and enjoyed a bushel of crabs together. It was the most wonderful way to spend a breezy fall evening!

Good beer, good food, good company!


Also, let's take a moment to look at my pretty fingernails in the picture below. I never paint my fingernails, but for whatever reason I was feeling inspired Saturday afternoon. Bad idea. By the end of the night, every finger was chipping. Picking crabs is not helpful to painted fingernails.


It was such a fun way to spend the weekend! This was not our first time picking crabs. IN fact we try to do it regularly with these friends. I think we've done a crab picking every year since 2005 with the exception of 2009. Here's a post about our last crab feast back in 2008.

I made a delicious dip, recipe courtesy of Megan! I'll post more about that later this week. This dip is always a hit!


Hope your weekend was a good one!

12 comments:

  1. The dip looks delicious and I love whoever's ring that is in the picture of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! We picked crabs this summer, too...but just one time. Usually we have a crab feast at least 2 or 3 times in the summer. One year, we caught nearly a bushel's worth of crabs at Oregon Inlet. Fun, fun!

    So yummy to eat but I honestly don't have the patience to sit and pick. Adam makes it easy, though, because he cleans every crab before he steams them...he's not fond of the lungs & other gunky stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY WORD do those crabs look heavenly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is my idea of heaven....sitting on a balcony with friends eating crab! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look adorable, love the nails. And those crabs looks to die for.....so wish we could get fresh seafood in Iowa, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like so much fun and I don't even like crabs! Your photos are great! Sounds like a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always make me so hungry!

    :) Glad you had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like so much fun! We try to do crabs once a year and haven't done it yet. I guess we better hurry before crab season ends! Great pictures of you two!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This whole post makes me HUNGRY!!

    Love the blue scarf you're wearing in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm....All of those look sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO fun!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE crab!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look so cute!

    there is nothing better than crab.. I swear. I'm sitting here salivating...

    ReplyDelete