Sunday, September 5, 2010

Do YOU believe....in me?

In just 2 days, I will begin my 4th year of teaching. 4th YEAR! When did that happen?

Do I feel like I know what I'm doing now that I have a few years under my belt? No way.

Will things be easier this year? I highly doubt it. Each year brings its own challenges and problems.

Will I laugh at the crazy thing 10 year olds do? Of course. Will I cry a lot? Most definitely. Will I come home some days and insist that this is the hardest job on the planet? Oh yes. That will definitely happen.

But...it will be great. I will learn along with my kids. They will help me become a better teacher. I will challenge my students, but they will challenge me even more.

Two years ago, my principal showed us this video the week before school started. On days when I feel bogged down by my job (ie, when we multiply and divide fractions with uncommon denominators), this video reminds again why I do what I do. It inspires me and makes me thankful for the job I have. I get the chance to work with kids everyday like this little boy. How lucky am I?

Even if you don't teach, watch this, I promise that you'll be inspired.



I shared this two years ago when I first saw it, but it's just too good to not share again.

And...I hope everyone of my teacher friends has a fabulous school year!

10 comments:

  1. I hope that you have a great start to your new year! Thanks for the video and bit of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on beginning the school year!! I hope it goes great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i absolutly share your point of view about our so "beautifficult"job ! a new year is a new challenge and each day full of surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great year! I am starting my 5th year of teaching and it took me till my 4th year to really feel like I was starting to get the hang of it! Every year does bring on new challenges tho :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe in you! Here's to hoping this will be a fantastic year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday! I hope your first day is a huge success. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your fourth year of teaching. I hope it's a good year and I hope you have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best of luck this year!! Do you mind if I put this clip on my teacher blog? http://fromthedeskofblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing that video! Good luck in the new school year!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with this new school year!!!

    ReplyDelete