Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Dou's

Today I want to tell you about our favorite restaurant in our little city: Doumar's.


Doumar's is a drive in located in right outside of our downtown, and it's oh so yummy. We like to go for the minced barbecue with cole slaw, but I also love their homemade cherry cokes and their hot fudge sundaes.


And it's also fun to eat in the car!


Mr. Abe Doumar is also the inventor of the ice cream cone...or at least they claim he is!


If you come to visit, I promise to take you to Doumar's. It's hands down one of my favorite parts of our city!

**Also, go over to the book club blog...I may or may not have recorded a video announcing our next book choice!**

7 comments:

  1. We have a drive in place like that in Lufkin that Todd and I love to go to. They have the best hamburgers and vanilla coke. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it there! Gosh, I don't even think we've been to Doumars in forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love drive-ins! They're soo fun! Next time I'm in VB I'll be sure to hit this place up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been to a drive-in, but it looks like fun! That's funny they claim to have invented the ice cream cone! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love places like this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a neat place! On my way for a visit!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! I love little places like that!

    And cherry coke-delish!

    ReplyDelete