- I sat in a useless in service all day while my kids had a sub.
- Today I left my house at 8 AM and came home at 9PM.
- I nervously talked to a classroom full of parents tonight at open house.
- I've thought a lot about how much I love my class and how lucky I am this year. I looped from 4th to 5th with my kids this year and I feel so spoiled (looping = they moved from 4th to 5th with me). We fell right back into our old routine and they make me so happy. Are they perfect kids, no way. But I get them and we have good relationships and work well together. For the first time in my teaching career, I actually kind of feel like I "get it." I know, I know, I've probably jinxed my self now but saying it, but it just seems like this is the first year where I'm actually feeling like I kind of know what's going on and I'm not constantly worrying about whether or not they're learning or if I'm a big screw up. Is this what people call confidence in your own abilities?
- I still want to go to bed at 8 PM most nights.
- Layla is the BEST thing to come home to in the evenings. We typically spend about 30 minutes just cuddling when I get home after a day at work. J is great, but he's no Layla.
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Teaching - Year 4 Thoughts
I'm almost 2 weeks into my fourth year of teaching. Here's what I'm thinking and feeling right about now: