Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Another Wedding Weekend

We spent this past weekend at the wedding of two of my friends from college.

Claire and I met freshmen year at JMU, she was my suite mate. She is different from me in so many ways. She is put together and neat and organized, and then there's me. Messy, unorganized, never knows where anything is, Rachel. It still makes me laugh that we were able to form a friendship.

Sophomore year we were roommates. And again, such opposites. I have no idea how she lived with me. Probably just because I let her borrow my hair straightener.


During sophomore year we had 4 good guy friends living across the hall from us. Here we are, 7 years after the start of our sophomore year, and she and one of those "boys" are now married. Life is funny.


J and I had a great time. I danced and danced and wore heels that hurt my feet. Definitely one of the most fun weddings I've attended.


The groom's dad bottles and produces his own wine...I never knew this! Either way, it made for neat favors! Each table had a variety of bottles and you got to take one.


Look at this happy bride...she was glowing


So happy for the two of them! They've come a long way since sophomore year!

11 comments:

  1. How awesome is it she married one of the "guys" that lived across from you! Did they date in college? Having their own wine as favors is a totally awesome idea! Great pic of you and your friend by the way. That blue is a great color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "getaway" car! The red is different.

    REBrown
    rekdbrown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had such a fun weekend! You look great in that blue dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun and what a beautiful bride!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab weekend! She is a gorgeous bride!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww it looks/sounds like such a fun wedding! And she looked beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great favor! Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like such a good friendship! Love the getaway car :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is crazy but i work with the groom! this is a small small world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm bummed! I've only been to one wedding since my own (in July 2009) crazy huh?

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet little love story!

    ReplyDelete