Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween! Not dressing up, but we are ready with pumpkins and candy! We've spent the day carving pumpkins and roasting pumpkin seeds. In my eyes, it's the perfect way to spend a fall afternoon!



J carved an Andriod pumpkin...he is such a geek, which is half the reason I love him.



Pumpkin Seeds Pre-Roasting!



And my photo session with Layla and the freshly carved pumpkins...



The final products...an Android, a classic Jack-o-Lattern, and a puppy pumpkin!


Now we're just munching on my roasted pumpkin seeds and waiting for the trick or treaters. This is the first time we have spent Halloween in our house and not in an apartment. I am really hoping we get some cute kids in costumes. If not, I'll have a lot of candy to eat!


Oh, and just for fun, let's share the link to last year's Halloween post for a trip down Halloween Memory Road...

17 comments:

  1. Our first Halloween in a home also!! I can't wait for the trick-or-treaters!!

    What a great post. I think we'd be good friends in real life. B is a geek too and would totally make a droid pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Jack-O-Lantern shirt! I always liked dressing up in orange and black rather than a costume for my day-of Halloween outfit : ) Your pumpkins turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! the pumpkins turned out GREAT. I wish i had those great carving skills! hope you enjoy your first halloween in your home and gets lot of trick or treaters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these pictures! :) Your shirt is adorable, I want one like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Droid! Cute pictures with your puppy! We have pumpkins but we didn't make them into jack o'lanterns this year. I'm regretting it now that it's dark! Next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shirt is cute! Love the pictures and the pumpkins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pictures! :-) so so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sound like a great way to spend your Halloween. I did have to laugh at the Android pumpkin, I was like, what is that??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like the perfect day!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute pumpkins! I remember the first Halloween in our home... we had so much fun with all the trick or treaters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute! I have that same shirt :) I wore it all day yesterday too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had a fun Halloween day! Love those carvings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you got lots of Trick or Treaters! We don't get them in our high-rise condo. I LOVE Pumpkin seeds but my husband hates them, so I haven't bothered making them for the past couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the pictures of you and Layla! You look great!

    ReplyDelete