I married a man who loves cooking as much as I do and we alternate and switch off cooking. When we make our meal plans, he always picks 2 meals, I pick 2, and then one of us takes the 5th meal. This is what typically happens. We of course have our off weeks where we only plan 4 meals or even 3, but we typically do 5 meals a week. The other night of the week we eat leftovers or go out. This system works well for us. I have more meal planning tips listed here.
And now onto this week's meals...lots of new things on the menu. I'm a little nervous to try new things, but I also love finding a new dish that we both love.
- Gorgonzola and Pear Risotto...recipe coming later this week! This is my own recipe, don't want to post it until I know exactly how it's gonna turn out.
- Paula Dean's Grilled Southern Panzanella Salad with London Broil. I watched The Food Network while working out tonight and this salad by Paula Dean looks so delicious, and not really all that bad for you. Rare for Paula Dean! I am subbing plain yogurt for mayo in the dressing of the salad. Trying to make it a little more healthy!
- Chorizo and Black Bean Soup...this is a definite favorite from last fall! It is SO tasty and simple. I highly recommend this if you're a soup fan!
- Spaghetti with Crab, Chile, and Mint
- Breakfast for dinner! French Toast with Bacon!