Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Christmas Shopping...for us?

This weekend J and I went Christmas shopping. While we did get a good chunk of our shopping done, we also made a few purchases for our own home...

Purchase #1 - A New Lamp


This may seem silly, but you people have no idea how happy I am to have this new lamp. For the past 2+ years of our marriage the lamp in our living has been a tall standing lamp that I think J bought at Wal-Mart in college for about $15. It was hideous and I am almost a little embarrassed to be admitting that that thing sat in my living room for over two years. And it was just one of those things that I've always hated, but it wasn't a top priority to replace since it got the job done. In the last two years we've gotten new couches, a coffee table, a rug...and now a lamp! I am so happy with it. And it was just $40 at HomeGoods. It's amazing how great it makes the whole room look...or maybe it's just the fact that the ugly college lamp is gone? Either way, I am pleased.

Purchase #2 - Sharper Image Humidifier


My entire life I have been prone to nose bleeds in the winter time. Gross, right? I remember spending many a days in the clinic as a child due to nose bleeds, and we won't even try to count the number of times I've woken up with a bloody nose. The dry heat just kills me. We STILL have wedding gift cards to Bed, Bath, and Beyond, so while out on Saturday I made sure to bring a 20% off coupon with me so we could go get a humidifier. BEST $50 EVER. Well, maybe not ever, but it's the best $50 we've spent in awhile. I've woken up feeling so refreshed the past few days. My nose and my skin is loving this little gadget. Can't believe I haven't bought one before now.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

And on a totally unrelated note....I want to share this post from Raechel Myers. It's so beautiful. So, so beautiful. I read it over the weekend and haven't stopped thinking about it. What a wonderful picture of His love for us and the hope we have in the life after this.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new purchases! Merry early Christmas to you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love buying Christmas presents for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to have a humidifier as well in the winter! Love that lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lamp is super cute! Totally worth the wait....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually don't think I've ever had a bloody nose, except when getting hit in the face or something of course. lol. But I do want a humidifier, it is SO dry here!! Merry early Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally have to have a humidifier in the winter, too! You aren't alone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know you are an old married couple when... :-)

    I love my humidifier!!

    ReplyDelete