Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A first...

While in Northern Virginia this weekend, I experienced another first. I attended my first baby shower for a friend of mine. It's hard to believe that I've moved from that time in my life that's full of wedding showers onto the time of baby showers.

I met Megen during my sophomore year of college, and while we don't always keep in touch as well as I'd like, I consider her to be one of my dearest friends from college. Whenever we do get together we seem to pick up right where we left off. She is a very special friend to me.

2005

This weekend her sister in law through a couples shower for her and her husband and baby Will. It was a beautiful shower and it was a lot of fun seeing some old college friends. J didn't make it to the shower with me since I'd already made plans to head to Northern Virgina on my own and he had commitments here, but it worked out okay anyway. He and I didn't go to college together so he doesn't share a bond with my college friends the way I do. But quick side note...before I started dating J, I drove one weekend to Vanderbilt to go a semi-formal with him, and Megen is the sweet friend who made the long drive to Nashville with me. We left at 6AM on a Friday and were back to JMU by 7pm on Saturday. And yes, that was an 8 hour drive. That road trip is one of my favorite memories with Megen!

ANYHOW, back to the baby shower. It was lots of fun and Megen and Dave got so many wonderful things for baby Will. I can't wait to meet the little guy in a few months!

I love Dave's face here. I am not sure he knows what to do with this CUTE toy!

The whole JMU crew

Emily and Me...Emily was a college roommate of mine for two years AND a great friend AND I found out this weekend that she's a blog reader...HI EM! It was fun catching up with her.

And finally, me and the super cute momma to be. She has always been precious, but she looks even cuter with her baby bump! So happy for her and her husband and I'm so glad I could make to the shower to celebrate with them. They will be wonderful parents!

9 comments:

  1. I didn't know they were expecting! So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without sounding crazy, I want to know where they got that GREAT green canvas print. If they're interested in sharing, that would be so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun! My first friend baby shower is in January- crazy how it suddenly moves from wedding to baby showers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also went to my first friend baby shower this weekend! She's slightly older than me, but it's still weird to realize that I'm nearing that phase in life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friends are all newly pregnant or the ones with babies live far enough away where I haven't gone to a shower yet. But I know what you mean by how fast we've gone from wedding showers to baby showers - TOO FAST!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your shirt! Where did you get it?? Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like it was a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure I'D know what to do with that cute toy either :-) Looks like a fun time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww so fun! and such cute pics :) I love those friends that even if a little time slips away, you pick right up again! those are such special friendships! (ps I'm still loving your hair, it looks great! :))

    ReplyDelete