Sunday, November 28, 2010

His Birthday

I have lots to blog about...friends, family, Thanksgiving, cute puppies, Harry Potter. But today I can only blog about one thing.

Today is this guy's birthday.


He's 26. And for forty-eight hours we will both 26. On Tuesday, I turn 27, so for two days, we get to share our age.

We started his birthday with a walk by the river, he played frisbee with friends in the afternoon, we had fajitas for dinner, ate Dairy Queen ice cream cake, played some Mario on the Wii, and then he opened his gifts. A very simple day, but a fun one.

{MUSHY GUSHY WARNING} I love this birthday boy to pieces. When you hear people talk about their "better half," sometimes that phrase seems silly. But that phrase describes exactly what he is to me. I am unorganized, he is the master of organization (our life is controlled in excel spreadsheets). I am always losing things, he's always telling me where I put them. I am afraid to try new things, he is Mr. Adventure. And above all this, he loves me unconditionally and he makes that clear on a daily basis. I am so grateful for him. So, so grateful.

Happy birthday, J. I hope your 26th year is a great one!

9 comments:

  1. aw this is so sweet! Happy birthday to J!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so sweet rachel!!!

    happy birthday to J!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday J! What a wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute!! Happy birthday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww sweet :-) happy birthday to him (and to you tomorrow!) :-) yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww, such a sweet post! Hope he had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet birthday post... it's so funny that you share the same age for just 2 days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, very sweet! Happy Birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww... This post made me cry. So glad to have you in the family!!

    ReplyDelete