Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day

First of all, thanks for all your sweet comments on my last post. It's so encouraging to know there are others in my stage of life, or other stages, who feel just me. You all have no idea how much your comments mean to me!

Today is Veteran's Day and I am lucky enough to have the day off. We live in an area that is surrounded by MANY military bases. There is one about 2 miles from my house, and another just 3 miles from my school. Due to the high density of military and their families here, we have the day off. While I am thankful for my wonderful day away school and work, I am even more thankful for those who serve this country. I am feeling extra thankful for my grandfather today who was a Marine (who fought in Vietnam and served in many other places).

Since I had the day off, I spent it doing the following:


Drinking hot tea while watching morning talk shows, loads of housework, lunch out with J + a stop for frozen yogurt, some magazine reading, some puppy cuddling, some puppy walking, and some cleaning out my email inbox.

Pretty productive and wonderful day.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect way to spend a day off of school to me! Enjoy the rest of your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect day off!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it was a great day off work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete