Sunday, November 14, 2010

Washington, DC

This weekend I went to Arlington, VA to visit my best friend Tyler. We spent Friday night enjoying dinner and drinks with her boyfriend, and afterward she and I went to see Morning Glory (so cute! I love Rachel McAdams!).

Saturday was our touristy day!


I have been to DC probably a dozen times in my life, but it had been awhile since I'd visited all the monuments and done the touristy thing in the city. And since Tyler and I are both elementary teachers living on a teacher salary, we knew we wanted to enjoy our weekend together without spending lots of money. All of these factors plus the gorgeous weather Saturday meant it was a perfect weekend to sight see.

We saw the White House...


The Washington Monument (which Tyler claims if you look straight up at it from the bottom, it looks like it's going to fall over)...



Honest Abe...


The World War II Memorial...


The Korean War Memorial. It is hauntingly beautiful...


And The Vietnam Memorial Wall....



It was so fun being a tourist this weekend...and spending time with one of my favorite friends!

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! We are headed to DC in December for a wedding- I hope we get to check out some of the touristy things while we are there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel McAdams is my FAVE! So glad to hear her new movie is good -- I'll catch it on Netflix :) Sounds like a really nice trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never get tired of the monuments and I live here :) Last night I flew in over them in the dark and it was so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely day in DC. And I can't wait to see Morning Glory!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT.

    Beautiful photos...the part about Tyler claiming the monument looks like it is going to fall over made me laugh out loud (perhaps because I could hear her saying that in my head...) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds fun :-) and I love your pictures! Great colors friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like it was a great time in DC with a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great time! I love DC and can not wait to go back again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love being a tourist and DC is a great place to do that. Looks like you hit all the highlights!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a friend in DC too, and I love going to visit her and getting to do all of that! It's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete