Monday, December 6, 2010

Menu Monday + a lot of extras!

I have meals. And I have treats. And I have snacks. And I have a few recaps from last week's meals. Let's go...

My Meals:

J's Meals:
On to the treats...I made these for an ornament swap/Christmas get together with my favorite blog girls in the area! They were so yummy and very easy!

Pecan Pie Bars
Recipe from Better Homes and Gardens Ultimate Cookies


Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions: Preheat oven to 350. For crust, in a medium bowl stir together, powdered sugar, flour, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Pat flour mixture into an ungreased ll x7 x l 1/2-inch baking pan. Bake about 20 minutes or until light brown. Meanwhile, for filling, in a medium bowl stir together eggs, pecans, brown sugar, corn syrup, the two tablespoons melted butter and vanilla. Spread evenly over baked crust. Bake about 20 minutes more or until filling is set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Cover pan and refrigerate for up to one week.

And I also made this "snack" for our little party...

Cheesy Artichoke Dip
Recipe from allrecipes.com


Ingredients:
  • 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • dash of hot sauce
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Drain the artichokes, squeeze the juice out of them, pull them apart and place in a 1-quart casserole dish.
  3. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and mayonnaise. Pour this mixture into the casserole and mix well until the artichoke hearts are mixed in well. Sprinkle the parsley over the top.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes, or until the dip is brown on top.

And now recaps!

On last week's meal plan we had a few winners that we hadn't tried yet. We'll start with my win of the week: Pizza Potatoes. YUMMMMMMM! This is a great comfort meal. It's starchy and pizza-y....what else do you need?


One little note...a key ingredient in this meal is the sauce...don't be cheap, buy something yummy! I personally love this pizza sauce (Don Pepino). I have vivid memories of my great grandmother making me pizza with this sauce when I was little, and when I found it at my grocery store a few months back I didnt think twice. It is the BEST pizza sauce and it really made this meal.


And J's big winner of the week: Slowcooked Hoisin Pork Wraps with Peanut Slaw
Oh my goodness...this was SO tasty. My expectations were low, I'll admit it, but I am glad this far surpassed them. I already told J I'm looking forward to this being on the menu rotation again soon.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! I have got to try those pizza potatoes! Just printed out the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, so happy you are giving my double stuffed potatoes a try! definitely let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pizza potatoes look amazing, I can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those potatoes look divine!! And so does that artichoke dip!

    ReplyDelete