Wednesday, December 22, 2010

merry last day of school


Today is our last day of school before the break....hallelujah. This has been one LONG week and I am ready for some time off. Am I jealous of all the teachers out there who got off last Friday? YES....very much so. But I'm just going to be grateful for the 7 days that I do have off.

I've already received boxes and tins and buckets full of cookies and sweets. You name the type of cookie and I probably have it. Clearly, my students are trying to fatten me up. Not sure how I feel about that.

And just for laughs, I have a funny Christmas story from school. I am the yearbook coordinator, so I'm always going in and out of classrooms during my planning to snap pictures of classes. I went into a kindergarten room yesterday and they were cutting out photos from a sales ad of what they want for Christmas.

As I'm walking in I hear one girl say to her table, "I just can't find what I want in here!"

"What do you want?" a little boy at the table asks?

"I just want a husband!"....I died right there. She wants a husband for Christmas but there are none in the Sunday paper ads. What a tragedy!

16 comments:

  1. I'm a K teacher and I absolutely LOVE this story! :) Kids are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time off, girl. You so deserve it and that story cracks me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! What a cute story!! Happy last day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that little story! kids do say the funniest things

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made it! Enjoy your time off, you deserve it. That story is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah-ha, that's too cute. Wonder if she's still looking, I'll sell her mine! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE THAT!! :)
    Enjoy your days off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny little girl !

    Enjoy your christmas holidays ! I'm off since friday so cooool ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is too precious! Enjoy your break and Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha that's adorable! If only it were that easy ;-). Congrats on surviving the last wk- we got out Fri and the kids were crazy enough- you deserve a medal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness that story just made my day, hilarious :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on making it to break! Vacation is fabulous! And that girl's comment is too adorable! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. she already wants a husband in kindergarten?? i feel sorry for her mama :-) too adorable!

    ReplyDelete