Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Our First Christmas Tree

Look what we did Saturday...



This is going to be our third Christmas together as a married couple but it's the first year we've gotten a tree for Christmas. Two years ago we were in our little apartment and then last year we moved to our house two weeks before Christmas. Moving and boxes and unpacking + a tree? That wasn't going to happen.

But not this year. Now we're happy Christmas Tree owners!


And now I must take a second to share another batch of ornaments I love...I got this one from my sweet friend Whitney at her ornament exchange the other night. I am in love! I will forever think of her (and hear her voice!) when I look at this ornament.


And this ornament is "Our First Christmas" ornament from 2008 from my Nana. It was exciting getting to display it for the first time!


Doesn't this post make you want to get a big cup of hot chocolate and cuddle up next to the lights of your tree? Or is that just me??

13 comments:

  1. I love it... it is so cozy in your house. Yes, I need some hot chocolate and a big blanket to cuddle up in :) Love the ornaments, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, it looks great! Love the face, Rachel. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the southern ornament! Ty LOVES colored lights, and would be so jealous if he saw your tree. (Ours is prelit with white lights.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tree!! Looks fun hanging the lights :) It's so fun collecting special ornaments over the years, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! What a perfect first tree - so happy you like the ornament...it think it's pretty fab too! Merry Christmas Y'all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your tree! We're not decorating this year. :( I feel like a scrooge, but were just not hope @ all in Dec. At least we're doing Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We too got our first "married" Christmas tree this year - granted ours is artificial (allergies) - but still - so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christine T.W.12/7/10, 8:19 PM

    I love sitting in a living room with just the Christmas tree lights on. Your house & tree look super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tree looks so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tree looks great! Picking out our tree and decorating it each year is probably one of my favorite Christmas traditions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love it! And can I say that I love that you have different kinds of ornaments?! I love that look so much more than the matchy matchy ones.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This makes me smile! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete