Monday, December 27, 2010

Shiny Lights

One of the best things about our families living in the same town is the fact that we can do fun Christmas activities with both families. On the evening of December 23, J and I went with his dad and our nieces to the Botanical Garden in Richmond.


They always do a big lights display in the gardens, but in all my years of spending Christmas in Richmond, this was actually my first time going to visit. It was very cold, but the lights were beautiful and I know the girls had a lot of fun.





I love this one of my father in law and our youngest niece!


We saw the world's prettiest Christmas tree...pictures don't do it justice! It was just complete eye candy!





And this isn't related to the lights, but on the way back home we stopped for some dinner to bring back home. J got a Double Down sandwich from KFC, not because he thought it looked good, but more just to say he has tried one. Gross. It looks like a heart attack in a bag to me!

Yuck!

13 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time. That tree is beautiful! Love the butterfly ornament. We tried to go to the Zoo Lights this year, but the week we were going to go it was in the teens, which was way too cold for me. Glad you got to enjoy some lights though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to go there! i keep seeing people put up pics on FB of the pretty light displays, maybe next year i can take little trip up there!
    and yes...totally agree--i could NEVER eat that from KFC! heart ATTACK for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun and that tree is gorgeous! My husband has been talking about trying the double down sandwich for over a year now. I'm sure he only wants to get it to brag about eating it to his friends. I think it sounds awful so it must be a guy thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That tree is stunning! So gorgeous! And I think I throw-up a little in my mouth everytime I see the commercial for a double-down! So disgusting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lights are so pretty and it looks like you had a great time! I think trying the Double Down is a guy thing...every time I see it on TV it makes me feel a little ill. Kudos to him for trying it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful lights! It looks like so much fun!

    Josh would totally get one of those sandwiches just to say he ate one too! Boys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures - that tree is amazing! :-)
    ps - can you send me an email with your address when you get a second? Becca1612 at hotmail dot com

    thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These lights are really great! We also live in the same town as both of our families, sometimes it's a little much, but especially at the holidays it is really nice.

    REBrown
    rekdbrown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those lights look awesome! I love that tree!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I looove looking at Christmas lights. We went to some gardens in AL a couple of years ago that remind me of this. Looks like y'all had a wonderful time together!

    Oh and booo KFC. That is just nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the pictures from the light display - gorgeous! I adore festive holiday things.

    How did J feel after downing the Double Down?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, so I've had the double down. and it's as disgusting as it looks! hubs liked his, but even he hasn't eaten another one!

    ReplyDelete