Thursday, December 16, 2010

snow day

Today was our first snow day! One the of best perks of my job. There's nothing like getting a call at 5am saying that school is closed.

I'm trying not to think about the make up day...that only makes this day not so fun. Instead I'll just focus on the fact that I got to hang out at home all day.


I spent the day mostly just doing things around the house and watching little Layla frolic around in the snow (like a maniac).

I got a few presents wrapped....


And then I made a batch of Pioneer Woman's Chex Mix and I've been munching on that all afternoon as I've watched movies and TV. What more could you ask for in a snow day?


Anyone else enjoying snow today?

16 comments:

  1. How perfect! :) We got out two hours early today because of the snow which was a nice surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been such a beautiful day with the snow falling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were out of school today and they have already closed school for tomorrow. Of course today and tomorrow were the easiest days of the week/school year for me...figures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to move to VB. You get more snow days than we do!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just rain where I am, but we did get snow right before Thanksgiving! Now I really want to try PW's Chex mix recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures! Sounds like a perfect snow day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We got a snow day today as well!! Glad you enjoyed yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky!!!! I wish I had a job that gave snow days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sad I want snow so bad!! But alas no snow, just cold!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a perfect snow day! my parents live up near you and called us on Skype so we could see the snow. got to say, i'm pretty jealous. it's just cold and rainy here! want to trade??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! We got to leave two hours early but better than nothing! I wish we got more than a few inches though! Your snow day sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you kidding me?!?!?! Up here in Minnesota, we just had a blizzard over the weekend that totaled between 16 and 21 inches of snow. The sports center (metrodome) roof even collapsed Sunday night/early Monday. And we were back to school bright and early on Monday morning, walking through snow drifts and bundling up against a windchill of -20. We haven't had a snow day in our district in over 5 years. :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! We had our first snow day on Monday and it was SO nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those first few pictures are beautiful!! And I live in Florida, and so think that answers your question as far as my snow days go, haha!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I took a shower and then got right back in my pjs. it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete