In no particular order (because my favorites change based on my mood) , here are my top 5 favorite songs from Disney movies.
5. "I Won't Say (I'm in Love)" from Hercules. I particularly love singing this one loudly in my car. Fits very well into my vocal range!
4. While I love just about every song from the Tarzan soundtrack (mainly because I love all things Phil Collins) "Two Worlds" is probably my favorite. Only because I think of the movie and the way this song is used in it. I am pretty sure Tarzan was not a huge hit among the Disney films, but I always thought it was one of the better Disney animated movies from the 90's.
3. "I'll Make a Man Out of You"from Mulan. I'll be honest with you here. I really only love this song so much because it's Donny Osmond singing. I don't want to know what that says about me. This song comes on all the time on my Glee Pandora station and I LOVE IT.
2. There's something sweet, and almost kind. But he was mean and he was coarse and unrefined. But now he's dear, and so unsure...I wonder why I didn't see it there before...
Picture me singing this one for you...I could sing the whole Beauty and the Beast soundtrack front and backward for you. This just happens to be my particular favorite.
1. And finally, "Part of Your World" from The Little Mermaid. But c'mon, what little girl from the 90's didn't dream about singing like Ariel? Being the voice of a Disney princess may or may not have become a lifelong dream of mine after seeing this movie at the age of 6.
And you may be thinking, "Hold up, Rachel...where is The Lion King in this list? It's only some of the greatest Disney music written in our time. We all love a little Hakuna Matata. How could you leave it out?"
And to that I say, oops. I really should have given myself 6 spots of Disney favorites. I hadn't thought it through and now I am ashamed that I didn't think this through a little better. But, because this is my blog and I can do things how I like, we're going to add a 6th spot and award it to the entire The Lion King soundtrack. There is not one song from this movie that I don't love. How could Disney go wrong with Elton John and Tim Rice? They can't! Which is why I constantly find my self humming "Circle of Life"...well really just the tribal music in the beginning. You know, the "AAAAAAAAHHHH SUH-BIN-YAAAHHHH"...please tell me you know what I'm talking about?
And also just for fun...I read this on wikipedia this morning and thought it was interesting...
The story, which was influenced by the Bible stories of Joseph and Moses and the William Shakespeare play Hamlet, takes place in a kingdom of anthropomorphic animals in Africa
So please 'fess up...what are your favorite Disney tunes? Or are you part of the crowd that loathes a good Disney song?