Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Lately...

I am eating tons of leftovers from the NYE party that still remain in our fridge. Will they ever go away? Probably not.

I have watched celery turn from green to red and blue thanks to food coloring and the tubing inside that vascular plant. The perks of teaching 5th grade science.

I ate a spicy chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-A thanks to their free promo. Consesus: I like the regular biscuit better.

We've watched so many movies. Some on my own, some with J. Our list includes: The Hurricane, The Kids are All Right, Easy A, Babies, Jerry Maguire...it was a first time viewing of each movie and I was a fan of them all. Especially The Hurricane. I love Denzel.

Erin and I have been talking to get our book club back up and running. We're pretty excited for the first book of 2011. Visit the blog for more info...and please join in!

I'm having a love hate relationship with my hair. I love how long it is, but I wake up everyday and it is so knotty! Any suggestions? I made a hair appointment for next week, and I'm hoping my stylist can take some of the weight off without losing too much length? We shall see.

I've been listening to the beautiful music from True Grit on YouTube. I love that they took an old hymn and tied it into the score. I can't get enough.


12 comments:

  1. I don't think my hair is as long as yours, but it tangles as well and drives me crazy! My coworker told me to try a palmade (?) because it will keep your hair separate...dunno how that will work. I already use a spray-in conditioner. Good luck! Hopefully your stylist will have better ideas.

    ps. LOVE Denzel as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try a hair masque once a week! I started using Frederic Fekkai's hair masque when my hair got long and it works wonders! Also - sleep with your hair in a loose braid!

    Evan will be thrilled to know that you noticed "What a Friend We Have in Jesus" in the True Grit score, too! He kept saying that when we went to see it and the rest of us were like "um, yeah, sounds familiar?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for the next installment of the book club, I'm picking the book up this weekend :) Babies and The Kids are All Right are both on my must see list so I'm happy to hear you enjoyed them. Although, I'm afraid my husband will refuse to watch the first one with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for the book club to start up again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so pleasantly surprised by Easy A! My little sister wanted to watch it and I kind of rolled my eyes, but my stepmom and I both had to retract our prejudices. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to see Easy A. I know I would love it.

    Also, can I come raid your fridge please? Mine is empty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally forgot about going to Chickfila for my free Spicy Chicken Biscuit. I'm glad to hear I didn't miss much!

    I have the same probem with my hair! At my last hair appointment, my stylist suggested I switch shampoos and she thinned mine a bit. It's working so far.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I left you an award on my page :)
    thelittleyellowhouseblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you enjoy The Kids Are Alright? I really liked it, despite the fact that it was nothing like I thought it would be!
    Can't wait for the next installment of the book club, Ape House has been on my list since it came out. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys have been watching some great movies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Um, please tell me you've seen Jerry Maguire before this? That has like been MY movie since I was 15. I've prob. seen it 30+ times and can quote it freely. I'm a nut. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. MAKE ME keep up with the book club this time...I'm going to go nuts reading Emile, Walden Two & other "fun" theorist based stuff I'm being subjected to this semester. LOL

    ReplyDelete