Tuesday, January 18, 2011

weekend away

This past weekend, we traveled to the Northern Neck in Virginia for a weekend away with two of our good friends.


I took ZERO pictures with my camera. I think that's considered to be a blogger fail, but I'm okay with it. The weekend was meant to be relaxing, and relax we did.

We ate a lot of great food. We played Spades til 1:30 AM. We drank wine and beer (and some Bailey's on my ice cream sundae!). We watched The Big Chill and When Harry Met Sally (my first time seeing The Big Chill). We laughed...a lot. I completed a 1,000 piece puzzle all by myself in under 7 hours. We read many pages in our books. We laughed as Layla behaved like a chicken around their cat. I even got a few things done for school.

Three days away with my husband and friends was just what I needed.

The next few months will be rough. No breaks or days off between here and April. Guess I need to start crossing my fingers for another snow day or two!

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend!! I was just counting the days until Spring Break today!! April is a long way to go without a break, if we have no more snow days, I see a personal day in my future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really sounds like a perfect getaway! I love The Big Chill - so good! And I'm impressed by your puzzle skills. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for relaxing, long weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun, and I love spades!!! Sounds like a great time, and sometimes it's ok to relax and enjoy your time without a camera all the time:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the perfect weekend! Glad you got to get away and get refreshed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had a great long weekend! No days off 'til April is rough though, if you don't have any snow days you'll definitely need to take a few "sick" days between now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like the perfect weekend! I love playing spades!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't often comment, though I do love your blog? BUT, I wanted to say I'm from the Northern Neck! Craziness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that weekend sounds awesome! So relaxing and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I love your blog, not sure how I even found it, but I check it a lot! I have also gotten a lot of good book recommendations and recipes from your site, so for that thank you. I stole your resolution idea of reading at least 12 books a year, and recently started a blog of my own. Check it out sometime if you can!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a fun weekend. I need that type of weekend soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey I stumbled upon your blog and saw that you're from Virginia! We just moved to VA from Indiana back in the fall. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete