Thursday, February 17, 2011

Birthday Girl

When I rescued Layla three and half years ago, the vet gave us an estimated age for her. He said that based on her teeth and gums, she was about 5 months. This put Layla as being born in February 2007. What does this mean? It means I got to pick her "birthday!" Just to make it easy to remember, we made Valentine's day Layla's birthday.

On Monday we celebrated with the 4 year old birthday girl by letting her eat puppy ice cream (frosty paws!) and J even made her a slice of bacon for breakfast. If there's food involved, she's a happy camper. And for any health nuts out there, don't worry, we also took her on a big walk to work off all the birthday gluttony!

I was looking back at pictures of her when I first got her...I can't believe how little she once was! She's gained about 35 pounds since I first got her. I am sure bacon and plate licking has helped with that!


Happy birthday sweet girl :)

16 comments:

  1. I'm sure she was very pleased with her birthday meals. Pretty dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Layla! Such a cutie. I've never boughten doggie ice cream...ours just get the regular stuff at the end of our bowls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...Happy Birthday to your furry daughter! She's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Layla! She's the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww! Sweet doggie (and cute pics)! My kids want a dog so badly, but the cost-factor and my current-responsibilities-factor (a.k.a I already have 3 kids how much busier do I really need to be?) Ha! override any of their "puppy eyes" they give me. Would be nice, though. I've had two dogs in my life. It would be so nice to surprise them with a dog. One day...one day... :) And then I'll be the "best mom EVER!" Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading rescue stories. She is lucky to have you guys as owners! She's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Layla! She is such a cutie and is so lucky to have you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a good look'en dog! Happy Birthday Layla!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That face...such a pretty pup! Happy birthday, Layla!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's such a pretty girl. I'm sure she loved her bday ice cream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday little Layla!!! She sure is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like she had a great birthday! Love that last picture of her!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday from Oliver!! He loves Frosty Paws too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwww!!! Happy Birthday Layla!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday Layla~ She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww what an adorable puppy! Sounds like she had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete