Monday, February 21, 2011

Deep Fried Menu Monday

Happy Cooking! We've been busy this past week, but the food has been delicious. Here's what's been cooking...

My Meals:


YUMMMMMMM!


Marinated Pork Chops, Sauteed Zucchini, and Twice Baked Potatoes

What a great marinade. Anyone else believe that marinades from a bottle never compare to a homemade marinade?

As for my twice baked potatoes I was inspired by Kate last week with her menu post!
Mine included plain fat free yogurt, chopped bacon, sauteed onions, shredded cheese, salt & pepper, garlic powder, and teeny bit of butter. They were delicious!

J's Meals:

Beef and Broccoli (subbed snap peas for broccoli)

I am not a broccoli fan, so we always sub in snap peas. This is always delicious!


Spicy Garlic Shrimp served over Linguine



Fish Tacos
+ Dos Equis

When you deep fry fish for a meal, you know it's bound to be good! We always serve this recipe using with Pioneer Woman's Pico de Gallo.


And if you're already frying fish, why not deep fry a girl scout cookie or two...it only makes for more fun!

16 comments:

  1. oh my my mouth is watering girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Menu Monday posts always make me so hungry! Yum! And I love PW's pico de gallo too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. drooling over the fish tacos, my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, totally agree with deep frying the cookies. why not!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like everybody loves Risotto - should I try it. What is it really?

    The texture is freaking me out a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FRIED GS COOKIES?!?! SHUT UP!!!

    Girl it's a good thing I'm not any closer to your house!! :)

    And I made that spicy lemon shrimp a few weeks back after you blogged about it before and we LOVED it! I've send the recipe to a few friends since!

    I hope you have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How was the fried GSC? Which one did you have?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The fish tacos look delicious! Suddenly my non-fried girl scout cookies just don't sound as appealing after seeing your deep friend one. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I am a huge fan of pork chops! Yours looks sooo good!! I'm jealous of the girl scout cookies. Mine haven't came yet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It all looks so delish! I've got print some of those recipes off...like...NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your recipe posts. You give me a lot of inspiration!
    I'm making crock-pot pasta e fuguli (sp?) right now! I saw ya'll made that a while back and I wanted to try it!
    I'm trying to get better at cooking (slooowwwwly)

    ReplyDelete
  13. PS - Dos Equis Amber is the FAVORITE beer in our household. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your hair in the last picture! And, we are having twice baked potatoes this week using a combination of your recipe and Kate's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, if only I was brave enough to try to make risotto. It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. If you plan on frying any more GS cookies, please do it on a Monday or a Tuesday so I can oh, so conveniently swing by before or after class. ;) I'll bring my own box. Ha!

    ReplyDelete