Tuesday, February 1, 2011

hello february




Well hello there February. We're done with the first 31 days of the year and I'm already a little confused as to where they went.

I know some hate February because it tends to be a cold, stagnant month. Life can be bland, and it can be boring when the days are short, and the weather is cold. But I really kind of like February. I think it's the fact that it's 28 days. And when it's a leap year, I especially love February.

This February will bring some good and bad.

The not so good will include another trip back to the dentist for some work done on a tooth that had a root canal about 12 years ago (yikes), it's the most painful month of school to get through (any other teachers agree?), and as mentioned above, the weather tends to be quite cold.

But the good, will be very good! There will valentine's day candy and m&m's (obviously), exchanging of the most adorable valentine's with my 5th graders (I can't wait to share the ones I picked out), I hope to finish Lonesome Dove, we're starting a new book for the book club, and I'm going to participate in a fun photography project via Willette Designs...

What's going on in your world this month?

11 comments:

  1. I teach first grade and I totally agree. Even though February is the shortest month of the year, it's definitely the longest of the school year. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it maybe a toss up between February and March! I'm really not feeling terrible about it this year though, I feel like it's flying by so this winter/spring can't last that long either:) I hope I keep that attitude for the next month or two, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that February is SHORT ;) And pink being my favorite color - and me loving candy - it's a pretty sweet deal! I think this February might bring a whole new meaning to special this year for us ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always loved Feb...of course I might be partial because it's my birthday month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think my favorite part of Feb. just may be M&M's in pink and red.... so pretty and yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. February is a hard month - it just seems so...yucky! I have monthly resolutions for each month of 2011, and working on marriage is my February goal. Hopefully my husband and I will do some fun things to get us through the winter blahs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adam & I will celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary this month. Other than that, February can stuff it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Growing up I hated February -- but now I like it. Mainly b/c it's my husband's birthday and we're doing some skiing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss exchanging valentine's in elementary school. We always made boxes to put them in and that was the best day in art class!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering where the first 31 days of the year went?! I'll admit, I'm not a February fan, but only because by this time I am so OVER the cold and I feel like February stands in my way of March and a bit warmer weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember decorating valentine's bags for all the cards we would get back in elementary school-so fun!

    I really like this month as well. Valentine's day is such a great excuse to do something different and romantic and I love decorating the house in pinks and reds :)

    ReplyDelete